6.8- WOODEN CRATES AND AWFUL ALCOHOL.

R i l e y

I watched Kevin threw the little window at the back of the bar. I stood on a wooden crate to make my view better.

I could see Kevin as he rubbed his head, Shaking his glass of alcohol around in circles.

He seemed to be a bit interested in the game that played on the large tv a live his head.

I was really just wasting my time by now. I thought this would've been more interesting, My plan was just to justify that I was trying to be open minded on his side.

I stepped down from the crate before I heard glasses begin to be thrown.
I step on the crate again and everything seemed normal making me loose my interest once more.

That was before I seen what looked to be the bartender come up to Kevin while he cleaned a glass with a black cloth.

They begin to speak, I couldn't hear anything but I could tell the bartender was saying something serious by his face expression.

Kevin seemed to frown his eyebrows before he checked his pockets, That's when Kevin shrugged shaking his head. Hell broke loose.

The bartender began to signal Kevin to get out his bar, Seemed to be that Kevin kept on being late on money for his many drinks.

I began to feel a strange pretence.
"Hey" I felt my knees shake quickly making my knees weak making the crate under me shake.

I look back making my medium sized hair fall in front of my startled face.
A tall boy holding a red cup with friends minding their business in the background.

The way he held the re solo cup it was that y'all boy that day of the house party performance, The one that embarrassed that girl so rudely.

"Hey" I spoke quickly getting of the crate like it never happened.
"You seem... Familiar" he spoke with a little smile.

I knew he had to be cheesing, He seemed to be starring so much at me to forget how I looked like, But I didn't blame him there were a lot of people around that crowd.

"What are you doing here?" I question trying to break the silence.
"Well I'm just here hanging out with my friends" he laughed a bit looking back at his friends who seemed to be hyping up a stupid sounding funny video.

I nod with a weird smile that I regretted afterwards feeling stupid and uglier than I felt. "Do you want to hang out with us or do you have any plans..., If I'm not wrong you seem to be by yourself".

I didn't know these people and I didn't have plans either except for looking deeper into Kevin's miserable life.

I lied saying, "Sorry I cant—I have plans but thanks for the offer".

"That's totally fine, Would you like my phone number?, Maybe we can hang out some other time" He seemed very sweet but at the same time I felt weird for a strange reason.

"That sucks because I don't have my phone and I'm not good at remembering numbers either" I was just trying to get him out of my presence.

"That's fine, See you around" He made a pause. I Embarrassed myself even more just starring at him like an idiot smiling.

"Oh! Riley—My name is Riley" I guess I just wanted to keep embarrass myself tonight.

"I'm Harry, See you around Riley".
Him and his friends weren't too far, Once Harry looked back at me to wave, My phone which I lied about not having on me began to ring louder than ever.

It became awkward for me, Hearing a couple of his friends laugh while he had a little smile on him.

"Shoot!" I begin to say getting out of their presence walking beside of the bar.
I began to walk faster trying to get my phone out of my back pocket, It didn't want to come out—Bumping into people seemed to be my intention sometimes.

The smell of awful alcohol hit my nostrils.
I seen Kevin's face and quickly pushing passed him. This night couldn't get any worse.