𝟑. 𝐀 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐃 𝐆𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐅𝐑𝐄𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐒 𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐄𝐅

—RILEY

—RILEY.

I spent at least two hours straight upon walking around my room and being bored like the usual as Jasmine and Kevin fought over
un-paid bills and such.

I began to think about them, The group of three— I guess I would call them that at this point since they are always together.

They seemed like really out going people which wasn't really something I was good at.
Why they even approached me in a matter of care would cross my mind every now and then.

I had this weird feeling around them.
I felt as if it wasn't my ideal group, But I never know what group belongs to me.

My split lip aching in a bit of pain.
"I can't believe you Kevin" I heard Jasmine say with a harsh tone. I'm pretty sure this argument was based around Kevin wasting money on one too many drinks at the bar.

All of a sudden I heard a loud knock coming from the front door. I didn't think much of it knowing we wouldn't have visitors at all— Maybe it was the landlord.

I heard a bit of talking but I couldn't make out which voices spoke nor what was being spoken upon. I decided to check for myself.

Peeking down the hallway that faces the front door. I seen Jasmine turn looking at me as she made a signal for me to answer the door which made me scrunch my eyebrows.

Kevin was slouched over the kitchen counter looking pressured as ever.

Jasmine begins to walk off in anger as she leaves me upon the door.

A slightly shut door opens. "Hey"— Jahseh standing on the door step with a nice bright smile.

I was very confused. "What are you doing here?" I whispered.

My confusion ended knowing he drove me home the first time he ever approached me so him knowing where I lived wasn't too much of a concern I thought.

"I've been trying to call you but you didn't seem to pick up, I was wondering if you'd like to join us for a bit" Jahseh shrugs.

"That sounds great but—" I cut myself off.
"Actually That sounds nice" I decided to leave everything behind and just built up courage and just leave without saying a word.

"I can't believe you keep winning" Isaiah says bummed that Stokeley kept winning at the card game we seemed to be intrigued in.

"I've always been good at cards" Stokeley says with a sense of cockiness in his voice.

Isaiah shakes his head throwing his cards down on the table disappointed in the choice of cards he had. "Your Aunt seemed pretty upset today" Jahseh says as he paid all his attention to me. "Yeah" I said nodding.

"Kevin, Her husband— He spends a lot of his time at the bar and she's against it" I explained.

"That makes sense" Jahseh speaks looking up at the ceiling. "How old are you?" Stokeley questions me as he's moving around a deck of cards within his hand.

"I'm seventeen" I said looking around.
"School?" Stokeley said surly.
I shrugged, "I barley show up".

I felt so weird inside— I felt my cheeks burning as there was awkward silence.

I take a look at Jahseh, He seemed very upset I could just tell from his body posture.
"Are you alright?" I questioned him.

He looks at me strangely, "I guess so".
"Come on Isaiah, Face it you can't even beat me at a game of cards" Stokeley said to Isaiah with a challenging expression.

Out of nowhere Jahseh gets up from his chair and goes over to the kitchen and sits upon the counter just starring off as his back was facing us. I moved closer to Stokeley, "Is he alright?".

Stokeley shakes his head, "His mom and him aren't on very good terms at this point— He just needs a bit of alone time".

I nodded continuing to watch Stokeley challenge Isaiah to a game of fast played cards.
I could barely keep track of what was going on.

Out of nowhere Isaiah has a big smile upon his face. "How does it feel to loose now?".

Stokeley wasn't too happy about the loss of
his streak of winning making him throw his cards down and go on his phone instantly.

"You want something to drink?" Jahseh questioned both me and Stokeley.
I shook my head no and Stokeley just asked for a bottle of water.

"How come you don't stay with your mother Riley?". I didn't want to bring this up at all.
I began feeling so nervous I could swear my hands were getting sweatier by the moment.

"She gave me up for adoption when I was young— I'd rather not speak much upon it" I said making their heads turn.

Jahseh, He stared at me with concern all over his face. I smiled at him to just make him feel a bit better, He smiled back and looked away once more.

"Sorry to hear that" Isaiah says. I shrugged, "It's alright" I spoke.

"Is this what you guys do on a regular basis?" I questioned. Stokeley instantly shakes his head.
"We're mostly never home, Going off somewhere getting into mischief and going insanely crazy over preforming".

It made me smile and picture what it would be like to watch them preform.
"What type of mischief?".

"Letting a whole crowd of fans crowd a busy road causing traffic and annoyance to almost everyone who don't like our music" Isaiah says making Jahseh agree.

"That at least only happened over all five times in counting" Jahseh said making Isaiah nod.

This whole talk about their free performances that would be announced on their built up platforms just sounded amazing to me.

It made me want to experience one of their shows and see how it usually is.