Chapter Ten • pt 1

Kennedy is talkative and she's so out there, while Jacky is the most laid back, and reserved but they're equally snarky to each other that they get along that way.

After Saturday night, all three of us just got caught up in doing our own thing for the fundraiser that I barely saw either of them all week. Even our PE game was pushed back to next week because of how hectic the preparations are.

It's Thursday now, tomorrow is the fundraiser and it's a miracle that we ended before 5pm!

"I'll see you tomorrow, guys. Thanks for staying today." I say goodbye to our freshmen. Jane is with the fashion people because they're holding this small photo shoots, so I was left with supervising our own set up.

"Youre not going, Kim?" That will be Stephen Duvall, a junior who came in the organisation when I was a sophomore— the only junior now.

I shake my head as I logged out of the computer. "Jane needs me in that shoot, Steph." I say. My phone is buzzing and, sure, Jane already spammed my inbox. "I think she's about to explode from the stress."

We weren't assigned a room, which drove Jane into insanity because her plans have been compromised. Instead, we occupied a large corner of the gym with the fashion people and science club. After this whole week, the gym didn't even look like a gym anymore, but like a little street fair with our photo booth, the science club's virtual reality simulation, and of course the fashion show.

Jane:
AV room. NOW

That's the distress signal.

"We're done here, guys." I called out to our 2 sophomores, Isabella and David.

"So the shoot?" David asks me and I simply responded with a nod.

We left the gym to go to the main AV room on the top floor. Passing the hallway is like passing a circus! The fundraiser rush is getting to everybody, so it made going to the AV Room a lot more difficult.

When we reached the AV room, the photo shoot rush hits me almost instantly. Jane is on her own directing the whole shoot, Dominic's models are standing in the corner, other society members are helping set up the lights and Dominic himself is peering over Jane's shoulder listening intently to her instructions.

"Help then with the studio lights." I tell David and Isabella. They just nod, dropping their bags and went over to the set to get the task out of the fashion people's hands. I walk up to Jane just as Dominic leaves to check on the models. Jacky and Kennedy are no where to be found, strangely enough. "Your relief is here." I joke as I approached Jane.

"Oh thank you!" She grabs my wrists, pure relief all over her face. "The boys were a nightmare to shoot! I'll leave the girls to you."

She signals something to Dominic, and he gives her a subtle nod.  I swap the camera lenses before taking my spot behind the lights. Jane & I are directing side by side so she's sitting right beside me. The set is nothing extravagant. It's simple with a dramatic red backdrop, but the lights are adjusted just right. Now, it just made me wonder why Dominic wants this kind of set.

The first girl walks on set; a junior cheerleader named Savanna. We're not really in good terms for a reason that she's convinced that Im ogling her every time she passes by. She can dream.

"It's all about the model, darling." I hear Dominic remarks. So that's why Dominic chose that backdrop. I'm only assuming now that all of the girls are dressed similarly to Savanna; nothing striking, but rather a plain simple top and skinny jeans.

"I know I'm a hottie. Don't drool too much, Kimberly." She says in a very disgusted tone as she propped herself on the stool.

"Keep dreaming." I grumble, bringing the camera's viewfinder to my eye.