Sista, Sista

"You gon' be aight baby girl?"

"I don't really have a choice." I mumble.

It's two days after Christmas, I'm in the car with Titan on the way to Skye's funeral. A tear falls down my cheek and I sniffle. He squeezes my thigh gently while staring at the road.

"What if I really am cursed?" I cry.

"Maaaan, what I tell you bout' that shit, you ain't cursed. We all gotta die baby."

"It's just hard, she's my baby, one of my best fucking friends! She didn't deserve that shit, and it's killing me because we weren't as close as we used to be, and because I know it was Torian's sick ass!"

" I told you I got his ass."

"No , I want to kill him myself, so I can watch his ass suffer!"

"Oh , so you a lil thug now? Tryna be gutta like ya man huh? Whatchu know 'bout killin' niggas?" He laughs.

"Uhh, what do you know about killing people?" I side eye him.

"Don't worry 'bout all that. Just know that I've seen and done some shit."

"Whatever, Mani has a really strong death spell in the works for his ass, we're gonna make him pay."

"You ain't gon' do shit but sit yo pretty ass down somewhere and worry bout' being mine. This ain't a fuckin' game baby, that nigga will fuck yall up and then try to fuck yall's dead bodies or some shit, I know sick ass niggas like him in the hood. So just let me handle this shit aight?" he says sternly.

"Whatever Titan how are you gonna handle it? You have the NBA to worry about." I turn to look out the window and I swear I can see Skye's beautiful face in the clouds.

"Don't worry 'bout all that. If I said I got it, then I fuckin' got it. You know who the fuck I am."

"Fuck you, turn the car around."

"What?"

"Turn the fucking car around now nigga! I'm not going!" I yell.

"You fuckin' trippin'--"

"AHHHGG! Turn it around before I beat your ass Titan! I'm not fucking playing with you, I can't do this shit!" I scream as I grab the wheel.

BEEP! BEEP! BEEEEEEP!

Cars blare their horns as we swerve into the other lane almost hitting a bright orange Tesla.

"The fuck is wrong witchu, let go of the fuckin' wheel Essence!" He pushes my hands away.

"TURN IT AROUND or we will both die in this bitch!" I grab it again.

"Aight, aight , damn!"  he says pulling over to the side of the road.

I yank my seat belt off and almost break the door handle trying to open it, I slam it closed as I jump out and start walking down the highway.

"Essence! Come on, whatchu doin'!" He yells after me.

"I can't do this, I can't do this, I can't do this!" I yell to myself as I hyperventilate.

"Essence!"

"God please help meee!" I cry as I plop down on the pavement, my eyes blurry with tears and snot running from my nose. I know I look bat shit crazy but I'm done. Check me into the nearest asylum please.

"What the fuck is wrong witchu!" Titan runs up to me.

"I--I can't do thiiiis I--I want--my mommyyy-I-I want Skyyyye. Too much death around meeee!" I sob as my head starts to pound.