Call of Duty

"What do you mean she never came back?" I yell while speeding to Rico's.

"She just never came back and she ain't answering calls. I don't know what else to tell you bae." He answers.

"God, can a bitch get a break?" I yell to no one in particular. "I'm almost there." I stress as I hang up on him. He started to say something but I didn't catch it.

"Come on God, mommy is gone, I got a crazy nigga busting up cars, and now a missing best friend! What do you want from me?" I shout  punching my steering wheel repeatedly.

Frustrated I swerved onto Rico's street almost hitting a damn cat. A black cat at that. I huff at my luck and go to text him to have the gate opened, but it already was. Rhia was backing out of the driveway as I pull up. I almost forgot he even had a sister. I sigh in relief when I spot Skye standing outside with Mani and Elle.

"What the hell!" I fuss as I got out the car.

"I'm sorry! I just needed to clear my head." She pleads.

"Oh well perfect timing!"

"Right!"

"Giiirrlll!"

We all fuss at her. I squeeze her tightly and kiss her cheek. "Don't do that ever again!" I say.

"Yes ma'am." She says sarcastically.

"Were about to be on our way love." Mani says and I pout.

"I know, I know,  we don't wanna leave you, but we still have school work and stuff to take care of." Elle said.

"I know, I understand." I whine.

"Plus you have Rico to keep you company." They all smirk. We have a group hug session as they say their condolences and give me kisses on the cheek, they all get into Elle's Volvo S90 and leave me alone in the driveway.

I stand there for a second feeling like crap for dragging them through my shit these past few days. I sigh loudly and walk inside. My poor cracked phone vibrates and an unknown number flashes on the screen. Damn I don't feel like going to the Apple store today.

I throw it back into my Gucci shoulder bag and sit it on the kitchen island. I walk into the living room and plop down next to Rico on the couch. He has his PS4 headset on and is deeply into Call of Duty. I kiss his cheek as he jumps up throwing his controller, cursing his friends out. Smh, guys and their lil games.

"You aight bae?" He finally acknowledges me.

"Yea , Skye's ass was outside, said she needed to clear her head"

"Oh." He says.

"Mmm Hmm." I almost roll my eyes but I caught myself.

"Damn, I love your perfect lips." He says randomly.

"Are you trying to get some?" I cock my head and he laughs.

"Nah."

  "So the detec--"

"Maaaannn, shut the fuck up, yall dumb!"

He says into the headset cutting me off with a laugh. He goes over and grabs the controller. I guess his friends made some remark to his comment.

"Is that a smile?" He asks me while walking back over. He looks so good without a shirt on and in his LV boxers. I try not to look down at that imprint.

"I think it's hard--I- I mean it was." I slip.

He gives me a look as he quickly lifts me up off of the couch with ease, startling me for a second.

"Ricooo , put me dowwwnn!" I squeal with laughter. He tosses his headset off and kisses me slowly on the lips. I eventually stop trying to fight him and kiss him back. His lips are so soft.

He closes his eyes ,deepening the kiss, adding his tongue. I pull back for a second and stare at him batting my eyelashes dramatically. He smirks.

"Them fake things are gonna fly off with you doing all of that." He says as he kisses my forehead and puts me back down on the couch.

"Forget you!" I laugh.

"So whatchu wanna do today? You need to talk to your pops and brother, and then get out and have some fun."

"I don't wanna talk or have fun. I want my mommy." I pout crossing my arms and pulling my legs to my chest as a numbing feeling stops over me.

"I know , but this sulking shit ain't healthy, and I don't want you having another break down on me." He says concerned.

"I don't know if I can live like this, I can't beli--"

Suddenly my phone rings on the island and I get up to get it. The same unknown number pops up.

"Hello?" I huff.

Nothing.

"Hellloooo?" I say again. I can hear breathing and faint noise in the background.

"Essence, it's Tor--"

"Nope, goodbye!" I quickly hang up on his crazy ass.

"Who was it?" Rico asks without turning around.

"Torian."

"Fuck he want?"

"I don't know I hung up on him."

"Maaann ,  let me go by this bitch ass nigga house." He begs.

"No Delmarian!" I fuss.

"Why not Jhene?" He rolls his neck and wags his finger dramatically trying to copy me. I laugh at him and shake my head.

"I'm just gonna block this number as well."

He sucks his teeth.

"Oh , cause that solves everything."

"Yep." I smirk.

"Whateva, I'll see his bitch ass at my cousins basketball practice tomorrow. It's all good" He puts his headset back on.

I groan and walk  back into the living room and my phone begins to vibrate again.

"Uhhhggg" I huff, but I almost have a heart attack when mommy's name and face flash on the screen.