Brunch and Bullshit

"Yea nigga, I told you I gotchu, damn, listen for once! You know I hate repeating myself!"

I open one eye to Titan's deep voice, not wanting to move out of this heavenly bed. This has to be what sleeping on clouds would feel like. I squint at the golden sunlight coming through the large windows. The view of the sparkling atlantic ocean and palm trees put me in a meditative trance.

"Grand rising baby girl, aye, nigga I'ma call you back, my girl up." He ends his call.

"Good morning handsome." I smile as he climbs back into the bed. He looks too fucking sexy this morning with his dreads hanging down over his face. He kisses my cheek and the smell of his minty toothpaste and spicy cologne tickle my nose.

"Look, so whatchu wanna do, you gon' be wit a nigga or what? Ion wanna play no mind games, you know I want yo chocolate ass , so wassup wit it?"

"Umm, ok, is this you asking me to be your girlfriend?"

"I mean you staying at my house and we both feeling each other, so yea, I guess--shit iono, whatchu wanna do?"

"I mean , I still have a lot going on. I have to find my own place, and Amira is pregnant and needs someone to stay with. Then I have to figure out if I wanna go back to school or if I wanna move out of Atlanta, and then there's Torian's crazy ass, and dance class, and you know , my emotions are still crazy about my mom. I just—I don't know if you want to deal with me and all of my baggage.." I ramble as he stares at me intensely.

" I told you all that shit don't matter to me, I'm really feeling yo lil ass , so I gotta make you mine. I mean, if you say no , we can still be cool and shit, but I really don't want no new friend like that, I want a pretty ass female I can chill with and spoil , ya feel me? "

"I—yes ,I get it but—"

"My daughter is obsessed with you, my fav auntie and my mama love you, shit, everybody like yo ass, so a nigga need you around. I don't ever bring females around my family, especially not my daughter, but I see something in you baby." He shrugs sincerely.

"Awww , Titan— thats so sweet--your gonna make me cryyy." I whine.

"Maaaan, come on. Don't do all that extra shit ,whatchu crying for?"

"I'm sorry--I'm just emotional."

"Look, I'm sorry about your moms and shit, you know you a real one though. You still moving forward and you still pretty as fuck, come 'ere." He says, pulling me by my waist into a hug, he starts kissing on my neck.

"Titaaaan, stooop, I'm--I'm ticklish theeere, and I need to brush my teeth, I know you smell my breath." I giggle.

"Uh huh, yuck mouth ass, oh, you missed breakfast too, shit was good."

"Shut uuup! Now I'm hungry." I pout.

"Well my auntie don't do leftovers ,so all that shit gone, but we can order you something or go take a ride to Coco Bistro, it's my favorite restaurant out here."

"I'm down for a ride, what time is the party?"

"You down to ride this dick too? And six." He says as he walks into the closet.

"Whatever."

"Don't whatever me, and you ain't answer my question, you mine or what?" He says as he comes out with two small jewelry boxes, my eyes light up.

"I mean . I appreciate every single thing you've done for me thus far , and I'm into you soooo yes." I roll my eyes with a smile not knowing what the hell I'm getting myself into and why. From one nigga to the next, but would you say no to an NBA star who swept you off of your feet?