Trust No Ni**a

We pull up to one of our favorite soul food restaurants , Mary Mac's Tea Room and the parking lot is packed as usual on a Saturday. We walk up and a cute blonde white guy holds the door open for us.

"What a beautiful group of ladies." He says, staring at Skye who's too engrossed in her phone.

"Thank you." The rest of us reply. Skye definitely didn't pay him any mind on purpose. She doesn't like white guys.

I laugh.

"Hi, welcome to Mary Mac's! Is it a party of 4?". The friendly hostess ,with some pretty burgundy box braids greets us.

"Yes." We reply.

"Right this way." She leads us to a table and we take our seats.

"I think I want to try something different today." I say.

"Yes please do with your boring self." Mani encourages. I shoot her a look and she sticks her tongue out.

"I'm scared though, yall know I don't like change."

"We know." They say in unison and laugh as I roll my eyes. I reach into my Chanel wristlet for some Germ-X to pass around. When I look up they're all looking past me with the most disgusted looks plastered on their beautiful faces.

"Uhh—what's wrong y'all ?" I ask, confused as hell.

"Essence?" I hear behind me.

"Torian." I mumble without turning around.

"Look nigga , now is not the fuckin' time!" Elle scowls to my defense.

"BYE! With yo nasty ass!" Mani chimes in. Her ass is gonna hex his ass later, I just know it.

"What do you want Torian?" I ask turning slightly, while trying hard as hell to not make a scene.

"I uhhh---"

"Hi ladies are you ready to order your drinks?" Our waitress a pretty black girl, with a blonde bob ,and dimples pops up with perfect timing. Torian just stands there looking stupid.

"You can go now!" I tell him with an attitude.

"I just want to talk to--"

"There's nothing to talk about! Nor is this the time or place!" I fuss.

"Umm ,should I come back?" She asks shyly.

"No , were ready." Elle says. Torian's dumb ass finally gets the hint and walks away.

"The hell? He has some fuckin' nerve!" Mani huffs.

"We'll have four sweet teas." Skye says, ordering our usual.

"OK ,I'll have them right out ladies." She says as she hands us our menu's and waltzes away.

"I think you should have some kind of convo with him soon." Skye begins. Her eyes turning a dark grey with her mood.

"Uhhh, why should she?" Elle asks, scrunching up her face and wiping her hands and silverware with a wet wipe.

"Closure maybe?" Skye shrugs.

"Sis, the only closure I need is sewn in my head. I have nothing to say to him." I pick up my menu.

"He just ruined my damn appetite. I got a spell for his gay ass." Mani scoffs.

"Not my fat ass!" I say as we all laugh.

A hour or so later as we walk out of the door I immediately spot Torian in the parking lot with a group of niggas. Of course he was only two cars away from us.