Rocko's Modern Life

After our little rendezvous we walk to his car and I remember I forgot to call Elle back. I look at my phone and I have multiple messages and missed calls. It was mostly the girls checking up on me and a few unknown numbers. The new normal. Rico opens my door and I get inside, he closes it and walks around to the drivers side.

"So you still wanna see the studio?" He asks, popping an ice breaker into his mouth.

"Yep."

"Aight, well it's at my nigga Rome's place, it's about a 15 minute ride from here. Is that aight?"

"That's fine boo." I smile.

He nods and puts the Challenger in reverse. I smile at how considerate he was being.

Minutes later we pull up to a massive brown bricked two story home with a well groomed front yard, and multiple luxury cars out front. He opens my door as usual and we walk up the long sidewalk onto the porch. There are two cute ass niggaa in dress clothes and Safriano's sitting outside smoking some loud ass weed.

"Wassup bruh?"

"Sup man?" They greet Rico.

"This is my baby Essence. These dapper hood niggas are my niggas Zavier and Kyrin." Rico introduces us and I wave.

"Sup ma,  you did a mighty fine job 'bout time nigga." Kyrin teases.

"Indeed , where ya bad ass homegirls at? Put us down sis ,we single." Zavier adds and we all laugh.

"Shit, for real though it's been a while since Rico ass brought a female around us, so you must be special ma" Kyrin stressed.

"Hell yea." Zavier agreed as he took a hit from the blunt.

"Awww." I cheese at Rico.

"She's aight." He says dryly as he winks at me.

"You smoke?" Kyrin asks holding out the blunt.

"Oh, no thank you." I decline.

"Like never ever?" Zavier questions while taking it from him and taking a hit.

"Nope, I never have." I admit.

"Damn." They said in disbelief.

"So you got you finally got a good girl." Zavier states proudly.

"Whateva , yall crazy man, bae don't mind them,let me show you the studio." Rico laughs while leading me inside.

"Yea the head fool is upstairs , so have fun with that nigga!" Zavier yells after us. We walk upstairs and music was literally blasting. I could feel the bass in my damn chest.

He opens the studio door and another handsome brown skinned nigga was bobbing his head to the beat. I look around the spacious room , at all of the expensive music equipment and framed African themed artwork that was hung up. The rustic red colored walls and dark cherry colored hardwood floors went really well together. A black leather sectional with a white and black faux fur rug was along one wall, and a colorful built in aquarium was on the other.

His friend turns to us, taking  off his Beats headphones. He turns the surround sound speakers down and daps Rico up.

"Wassup bruh, this must be my sis in law, it's Essence right?" He asks with a smile.

"That's right." I smile back.

"You smell good ma, I'm Rome." I batt my lashes at his compliment as we shake hands.

"Thank you, nice to meet you Rome." I say.

"So this is my crazy ass brother, and the reason why I'm in the music industry now." Rico explains and I smile.