10 : K A M S K I [3/3]

Start from the beginning

Connor blinked, his LED turning red, as he handed the weapon back to Kamski with a somewhat pained look on his face.

"Fascinating." Kamski whispered, taking the gun slowly. "CyberLife's last chance to save humanity... is itself a deviant..."
Connor looked down. "I'm..." he began quietly. "I'm not a deviant!"
"You preferred to spare a machine rather than accomplish your mission." Elijah helped Chloe get up from the ground. "You saw a living being in this android... You showed empathy." He gestured at her to leave the room and paused, looking at Connor. "A war is coming... You'll have to choose your side... Will you betray your people or stand up against your creators?" He stepped closer to the android. "What could be worse than having to choose between two evils?"

Finally, you've had enough. "Come on, Connor. Let's go." You grabbed him by the arm, dragging him away, marching towards the door. You almost left the room, when Kamski spoke up once more. "By the way... I always leave an emergency exit in my programs... You never know..."
"Come on...!" you whispered, eager to leave as the discomfort you felt within grew.
You barely exited the building and were crossing the small walkway, when Hank asked Connor a question that happened to be burning inside your mind as well. "Why didn't you shoot?"
Connor stopped to turn around, his LED turning red. "I just saw that girl's eyes, and I couldn't... That's all."
"You're always saying you would do anything to accomplish your mission..." Hank mumbled. "That was our chance to learn something, and you let it go..."
"Yeah, I know what I should've done! I told you I couldn't." he stepped closer to Hank.

"I'm sorry. Okay?"

 Okay?"

You were taken aback slightly by the distressed look on his face, pulling at your heartstrings just a little. "Connor, don't apologize... I think you did the right thing." You smiled at him softly with Hank nodding in agreement.

He looked at you for a moment, his LED briefly turning yellow, before returning to its usual light blue color.
"Come on. Let's get outta here." Anderson grumbled and you walked to the car with him, Connor following quietly.

You decided to sit in the back with Connor and occasionally looked at him with worry. Seeing him like this saddened you. He looked so... emotional... And even for him, he was unusually quiet, still seemingly distraught. He was looking down, fists slightly clenched, placed on top of his lap.
You wondered what was going through that head of his and thought of what to do, wanting to make him feel better somehow.

After a minute, a thought popped into your head, your heart-rate immediately picking up in speed.
So after mustering up some courage, you quietly took a deep breath, before moving your hand, and placing it on top of Connor's.
He snapped out of it in an instant, looking at you with those dark brown eyes, making you feel like melting away and your face heat up. He looked so... lost.
"Hey, Connor... You're alright... What you did was perfectly fine, okay?" you told him quietly, gently squeezing his hand.