What?

"A lethal and rapid virus could take out a nation in a few weeks to months, but containing it within one nation is unlikely", I shut the hell up and listened,"We'll attack, attack, attack. Every single person, until we've pulled them down into the swamp with us. Once there, they will never be a match for us. How could they be? We'll attack them until the whole nation is shredded. Of course we'll have to save your best shots for the Press. Every night there'll be panic and mayhem in the streets. We'll feed the press and they'll continue to to fan the flames of fear. Until we get what we want. So they can either piss off or they can govern a pile of bones".

Maria stop crying, and Jennifer put her back in her swing.

I was both terrified and turned on. Normal people have to work up to biological warfare, somehow I feel like Jennifer just skipped a bunch of steps and now we're here. Now then I think we can hold a nation hostage by using her super strand of Ebola? Probably. But I was trying to think long-term, if we swing our bat. I can guarantee you, they would swing back harder. What we have to do in the shadows they could do no problem in the light.

"HE'S COMING OVER!" Lara yelled from upstairs.

"I'll order the pizza!" Jennifer yell back. We had intercoms in each room. They didn't have to yell. Jennifer stared at me waiting for my answer.

"Maybe something else? If we had absolutely no other options I would say yes. If it was just you and me. But we have to make sure there is absolutely no backlash or fear of retaliation", I said surprising myself.

"Okay then, what do you want me to do?" She said coming to sit down next to me. She leaned back against the couch draping one arm over it resting her hand in her head.

"Let's hit their tradefirst. It's easier to outsource that kind of thing to pirates who will work for dirt cheap and get the job done. Let's wait and see where that takes us first then see where we're at", I said.

"And if it doesn't work?"

"We'll do things your way", I agreed seeing no other way out of this.

"Do you want me to put out a Craigslist ad and cue up the Pirates of the Caribbean theme song or do you just have pirates on hand ready to loot on command?"

"Smartass, no", I said with a laugh,"I'll have Brandon take care of it". Normally this type of recruitment work fell on James or Ross but now I was on my own.

Not alone.

I stared at Jennifer who had redirected her attention to Fitz on the floor happily kicking and chewing on his fingers. Now that I could finally talk, there is one thing I wanted to know. Why did we end up at that church in Finland?

Jennifer never brought it up. And it looked like Father Francis was going to be a permanent reoccurrence in our lives. He was now in charge of our couples therapy. I don't know how he was qualified to help us. But, Jennifer felt like we needed him.

I have been apprehensive to bring up the topic at all. But hey, what did I have to lose. I couldn't walk,"Something's been bugging me".

"What's that?" She said focused on Fitz.

"Do you remember that night in Finland when you went to church? You brought me along with you".

"Yes, why?" She said slowly turning to face me. I could see in her eyes right now she didn't want to talk about this.

"What happened when we came back from picking out Christmas trees?"

Jennifer shrugged her shoulders and tore her glance away from me looking everywhere but my face.

Happily Ever After (The Drug Lord's Wife #5)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें