9 : P U B L I C _ E N E M Y [5/5]

Start from the beginning

"W-what about you, Connor?" You asked him. "Are you alright?"

He blinked a few times before responding

He blinked a few times before responding. "I... ... Yes." Finally, his LED returned to its usual color. "It's... it's you we should worry about, though. It's very likely you have suffered some sort of emotional trauma from this experience and may need some time to recover."
You smiled softly at him. "I'll be alright. But... Thank you."
"Are you absolutely sure?" he asked, brows furrowed ever so slightly.
You took a deep breath. "Yes. Hank and I have handled some... interesting cases before."
"Hell yeah, don't remind me..." Hank grumbled. "Come on, kiddo. Let's get you home."
"Would you like me to drive, so you can rest?" Connor suggested.
"I mean, sure, why not." You shrugged lightly. "Thanks."
"Not such a bad idea, tin can." Hank commented, and the three of you got out of there.

You were still shaking slightly once inside the car, but calmed down eventually after a while of driving. You let out a sigh and rested your head by the window as usual. Hank would occasionally turn around to check up on you, asking if you're alright, which you always reassured him of with a gentle smile. His concern was quite heart-warming to you.
When dropping him off at the parking lot of the DPD where he could get his car, you got out to give him a hug.
"Thank you for caring for me, Hank."
"Ah, it's nothin'..." He looked away for a moment. "You know I'm not really good with this kinda stuff, but, uh..." Anderson scratched his neck, still avoiding your gaze. "I mean, of course I care for you. You're... You're my partner, for Christ's sake." He smiled at you while placing a hand on your shoulder.
Not being able to think of a proper response because you were surprised by his lovely statement, all you replied with was the brightest smile you could muster and a gentle nod.
"Well, see ya tomorrow. You get some rest, a'ight?"
"I will. See you tomorrow." Still smiling, you returned to the car where Connor was waiting for you, and proceeded to make yourself comfortable in the passenger seat before taking off.

"How are you feeling?" Connor asked after a while.
"Better than earlier... Still a bit shaken up, but I'll be alright."
"That's good to hear."
He paused. "You're quite... tough, aren't you?"
You let out a chuckle. "Most of the time, yeah."
Connor smiled at you gently in response, instantly making your heart beat faster.
It looked so genuine.
You must've looked at him a little too long, because he soon caught your gaze. "Are you alright?"
"Huh? Oh. Uh, yeah... I'm just... glad you're being so helpful."
"It's no problem." Connor responded, and turned his attention back towards the road.
"So... Are you upset we couldn't catch that deviant?" you inquired curiously.
"I must admit, I am a little. I was hoping to advance the mission..." He paused for a moment. "But it's good to see you safe."
You smiled at his response, feeling your face heat up.

Finally, you were approaching your house. You couldn't wait to get inside and get comfortable after yet another immensely eventful day.
Once parked, Connor walked you to the door. You stopped in front of it to look at each other.
"Do you need help with anything tonight?"
"Hmm, not really... But... I mean..." You looked at the ground for a moment. "I wouldn't mind your company either way, to be honest..." You smiled at the android shyly.
"How come?" Connor tilted his head slightly.
"Oh, you know... It just gets pretty lonely sometimes... And you're pretty cool to be around." You averted his gaze, hoping you're not blushing too hard despite your face feeling quite hot.
"I appreciate it."
"Hey, uh... Could you check up on Hank for me by any chance? He looked more shaken up than me, to be honest... I worry about him sometimes..." You scratched your neck.
"Of course."
"Thanks, Connor... Alright, then... I'll see you tomorrow?"
Connor nodded. "Correct."
"Awesome. Uhm... Connor?"
"Yes?"
"I, uh..." You bit your lip in nervousness and felt your heartbeat increase drastically, before eventually placing a quick kiss on his cheek. "Thank you. For everything."
Looking at his face, Connor seemed surprised, and you could swear you saw his LED blinking yellow for only a split second...

Holy crap. I cannot believe I just did that.

He blinked a few times, still looking at you, before responding

He blinked a few times, still looking at you, before responding. "You- You're most welcome, (Y/N)." A very soft smile formed on his lips, making your heart melt in an instant. "I will see you tomorrow. Have a good night."

"Good night, Connor!"
And with that, you finally entered your home. You shut the door behind yourself and leaned against it, letting out a huge sigh.

Wow... This all feels like a dream...

You snapped out of it when your dog greeted you ever so happily, bringing a smile to your face, and leaned down to cuddle her before making your way to the living room, where you opened the door for her and filled up the food and water bowl afterwards.
Thoughts of today's happenings were continuously filling your head, with thoughts of Connor distracting you ever so often.
And finally, you got around to eating the dinner he prepared for you the previous night. You heated it up in the microwave and decided to make yourself comfortable on the couch to watch some TV while eating.
To no surprise, a lot of the channels were filled with reports about the strange android's broadcast...
You took the first bite of food once you've settled on a channel and were once again in awe at how good it tasted.

Once done, you barely set down the plate when your phone went off.

A text? From... Hank?? Huh, that's rare...

>> I told you not to leave him with me...

>> Sorry... I was just worried...

It took him a while to respond...

>> Don't be. See you tomorrow, kiddo.

You put your phone away with a sigh and decided to call it a day.

While getting ready for bed, you were unable to calm your mind. Again, thoughts about today's happenings were running through your head, and always going back to Connor. You could not for the life of you stop thinking of him. And every time you did, your heart skipped a beat.
Once in bed, you had trouble going to sleep, just like the previous nights. At the same time, you were yet again looking forward to the next day, curious to what it may bring.

Things can't possibly get much crazier, can they?

△▽▲▽△▽▲▽△▼△▽

A/N: Ahhh, I wasn't sure which scenario to pick and didn't wanna kill precious Simon, so I just did something a little different, I hope it's okay 😩