These pictures of Jacky features the brightest, most beautiful smile on her face making my heart skip a beat. And, As cliche as this sounds, I don't even think she knows how infectious her smile is. "I need to do a series for my portfolio."

    Mom shoots me a confused look at the mention of my portfolio. "Really? That's not too early? Have you started applying for college already?" She asks me.

    So I told her. Mom was over the moon excited for me. She's that person who knows how much this means to me, and her reaction also makes me feel like she's more excited than I am. She knows this is what all my work is for, and I'm so close to making it happen!

    It was so close to midnight but it wasn't a strange unusual thing to have my mom in my room for so long. We always just talked for hours, mostly about my future. "I'm proud of you, sweetheart. You worked so hard for this and you're so close." She says as she brushes my hair. Every time she does this, I feel like I'm 10 again and my mom is helping get ready for a school event where we have to dress up nicely. "Are you going to homecoming tomorrow?" She asks me.

    I shrugged, fiddling with the plastic container of my hard drive. "Jane needs me there." I tell her. "That's the only reason why I'm going. I don't like school dances, they're so tacky." I frowned, dropping the container beside me. I let out a sigh, preparing myself for what I'm about to ask my mom. "Do you think dad will be happy about it?" I ask.

    "Of course." My mom says without hesitation. "Your father will be happy with whatever you choose to do. Think about going for it. You'll be surprised what can happen."

There are some things my dad always wanted for me, but I don't think I can ever reach them anymore. Accidents happen, and some accidents ruin opportunities that led me to a different pathway. My dad is just that type of parent who thinks he knows what's best for you, but in some cases, that's not it; mostly what he wants. It's kind of the things he's done before that he wants to pass down to me.

Problem is, my dad has a completely different plan for my future than I do.

    ~

    Following my mom's advice, I left my application peacefully sitting on my work desk at home. By advice, I meant the advice where she said 'think about going for it'. It's not just the Film Academy I'm thinking about, I have my options wide open. The only question is if I have the luxury to keep it that way. As I've been told, I can't be too picky because chances like these only come once in a lifetime! I don't know if I'll ever be recognised by an institution so prestigious as this one ever again.

    "Shit! That's amazing, Kim!" Was Kennedy's first reaction when I told her.

    This whole Friday will be spent finalising everything for homecoming! Meaning, we don't have any class at all. The whole morning, I was going in a back and forth discussion Jane about the list of equipment we'll use for tonight, and to Charlotte with the final pillars and red carpet set up. I try to ignore Charlotte as much as I can, and it's proving to get easier every single day.

    By lunch time, Kennedy and I were sitting away from the commotion on the gym, where most seniors are at now. Kennedy and I are on our own, apart from other students, in the back part of the school. It's more hilly compared to the typical topography of Old Town but it overlooks the the next closest town to here. It's more peaceful and less crowded, plus the air here is a lot cooler than in the cafeteria.

    "I'm reaaallyyy nervous, Ken." I tell her. "When Jane showed me that letter, I freaked out a little bit. I was going to apply for it later in October, but they were the ones to approach me first. It's so crazy I don't even know what to do about it yet."