Chapter 48

*Author's Note:

Lots of drama about to unfold...don't hate me please :)

Adeline POV

I stare at the envelope with shaky hands, looking up at Kasen horrified.

"I've been...served? What have I ever done?" I ask in disbelief.

Kasen looks at me concerned, calls Lydia down, and hands over Jack, before wrapping me into his arms and pulling me inside.

"What's going on?!" Lydia wonders, confused.

"I've been served..." My voice sounds insanely small and quiet.

"Well, what are you waiting for? See what the hell is going on!" She orders.

My shock is quickly forced away and I rip open the envelope, reading it carefully. Thank god for Kasen holding me or I would've fallen to my knees.

The paper drops out of my hands and I stay silent, walking away from them into Jack's room.

I sit down in the chair and start to cry.

"What the hell is going on Ads," Kasen comes in, sitting down and rubs my back

I look up from my hands, tears still falling down my face. "Axel has filed against us for joint custody."

"Baby oh my god..." Kasen stills, not knowing what to even do or say. "I'm going to call my lawyers right now..."

"No!" I stop him, "I need you right now, please!"

All of a sudden I hear a splash noise and I look down, horrified to see my water has broke. 

Kasen looks at me with wide eyes, and we both freeze. I'm only 7 months pregnant, I shouldn't be going into labor. 

"Let's get you to the hospital baby," Kasen tries to calmly handle the situation. 

*A Few Hours Later

Kasen is squeezing my hand tightly as the doctor enters the room. 

"Well, Mrs. King. You're only 32 weeks, so your baby is going to be premature, however, babies that are born between weeks 32 and 33 have a 95 percent chance of living, so the odds are in your favor."

My face pales as I realize there's still a 5% chance that our baby won't make it. 

"We need to go ahead and get this baby out, are you ready?"

I look at Kasen with tears in my eyes, terrified. 

He strokes his fingers on my cheek and encourages me, "you can do this baby. I'm right here."

I nod to him, swallow hard, and nod back at the doctor.

A lot of pain and pushes later, our baby boy is born.

"He's beautiful," I say in awe, before fondly looking up at Kasen.

"Yes he is," Kasen brags, staring proudly at me.

Out of nowhere, our baby's breath turns into gasps, and everything turns into chaos. The doctor grabs the baby, and starts helping him breath while ordering the nurses around to get the baby to the NICU.

"WHAT'S HAPPENING?!?!" I scream, horrified as I watch the scene unfold in front of me.

I scramble to get up out of the bed. 

"No babe, you need to stay and rest. I will go make sure our boy is okay."

I nod at Kasen, crying out, praying he's okay.

Kasen gives me kiss before rushing out the door, and just like that, I'm left alone, balling my eyes out, praying for our child's life.