Chapter 23

Adeline POV

I see Kasen's matte black Mercedes Benz G Wagon pull up to the pick up line outside the Ronald Reagan airport. He jumps out and holds me in a tight hug, tears still falling down my cheeks. 

Kasen is rubbing my back, and trying to calm me down. Being this close to him feels so. damn. good. 

"Hey, you guys need to keep moving! This is a no parking zone!" The airport security yells from his segway.

"CAN'T YOU SEE I'M HAVING A MOMENT ASSHOLE?!?!" I scream back, clenching my fists by my side. 

"Lady, I'm just doing my job. Come on." He shoots back. 

Kasen is laughing as he helps me into the car, puts my luggage into the car, climbs in the driver's seat and pulls out onto the road. 

A couple hours later, I walk into his living room, with a fluffy big bathrobe on, and my wet hair danging on the sides of my face. I'm sure I look like a train wreck, but hey, I feel like one too, so whatever. Kasen didn't want me to be alone while I'm so sad, so he brought me to his place, let me shower in a spare bathroom, and said I could stay in a guest room. I didn't feel like being alone, so I happily accepted is offer. 

I join Kasen sitting on his couch and sigh.

"So, you going to tell me what happened?" Kasen starts.

"Where do you want me to even begin," I half joke. 

"How about from the night you left me at the club."

"I'm so sorry," I say, choking back tears from escaping again. 

He grabs my hand, and his touch instantly calms me down. 

"Do you have any wine?" I ask in between sniffs. 

Kasen laughs, and fetches a bottle of my favorite white wine and one glass, he pours me a glass and teases me, "it's season now, so you'll have to be getting drunk on your own."

"Fine by me," I mumble before taking a huge gulp. 

He lets me finish my first and second glass while having light conversation, but after the third I'm drunk enough to get into the heavy stuff.

"I don't know why I ran out of there honestly....when I'm with you, it fucking consumes me. And I felt so guilty for being with Axel but feeling what I feel for you."

"I get that, but you didn't have to run away for a whole month, and completely not talk to me."

"I know. I just felt like if I ignored you, the feelings might go away. But they haven't. At all."

At this point, I've finished the bottle and am starting on the first glass of a second bottle. 

"So I was at this party with Axel," I go on to explain to him what happened. 

"I'll kill him," Kasen jokes, lightening the mood.

"Can I tell you something?" I say in the typical white girl wine wasted voice. You know, the one where you ask something, but you're going to do it or say it anyways.

He chuckles and nods, "only if you promise you'll remember it in the morning."

"Okay, I'm just a little drunk off of wine, I'm not downing tequila partying like a teenager." I shoot back.

Kasen gestures for me to continue.

"I really like you. Like REALLY really like you. Like LIKE like you. You know?" 

"Oh God, how much I wish you weren't drunk right now, and you actually meant that."

"NO! I DO! I'm not that drunk!" I do mean everything I'm saying, and I should've said it sooner. 

"Fine, well then I really really like you too. But, I think for now, you need to get some sleep."

"No! Let's watch a movie first," I don't want him to leave my side, and I think he picks up on that. 

"Okay."

We pick out a movie, and before I know it, I'm curled up into his side, and I fall fast asleep.