Chapter 20

*Friday Night

Adeline POV

"Okay babe, have fun and be safe!" Axel speaks over the phone.

"I will! Bye!" We say our goodbyes and hang up.

He wasn't happy that I was going out with two other guys without him there too, but he understands I'm allowed to have friends and hang out with other people when he's not around.

"Okay, how do I look?" Kate asks with a hint of nervousness.

"You look great, as usual Kate." I nod my approval.

She's wearing a killer outfit, a red bandage dress, with long sleeves and a deep cut V neck , showing off her perfect body.

I've decided on black skinny jeans, black studded 5" heels, a white crop top t-shirt, and a leather jacket. I like sticking to my signature style, no matter where I'm going. I put my hair up in a huge ballerina bun, do a simple eye, and matte black lipstick.

We grab the huge bottle of tequila we had bought for all of us, and take our Uber to Kasen's place.

"Holy. Shit." I say, mouth wide open as I enter Kasen's penthouse.

"Pretty great view, huh?" Kasen teases

"More like pretty great everything," I mumble.

Kasen comes up and gives me a kiss on the cheek, the shock from his touch is so strong, I almost drop the bottle of tequila. Almost.

"Ladies!" Hans yells out, entering the room with his arms wide open.

Kasen rolls his eyes, "Hans, meet Kate," he points to Kate, "and Adeline," he points to me.

"So nice to meet you ladies," he flirts, before mumbling something French to Kate.

I look at Kasen confused.

"He's from Montreal, Canada," Kasen explains.

"Well, we brought this for you guys." I hold up the bottle.

"I like you already," Hans grabs the bottle with a smile.

Kasen turns up the music, and we all toast and take a shot.

A couple of shots later, and we head to the bar down the street from Kasen's place.

Sitting at the bar, Kate and Hans are flirting each other, totally forgetting that Kasen and I are even here. I would say it's awkward, but it's not, it feels right.

"Okay, your turn," Kasen slams down his drink.

"My most embarrassing drunk story ever?" I pause to think.

"Oh yeah! When we were juniors in high school, Kate was having a giant party at her lakehouse. I was crushing hard on a senior, and I was so nervous to be around him that I got way too wasted. That night, a little group of us, including him, were on the dock. I tried to sit down with him at the edge of the dock, but instead I totally face planted/belly flopped into the water."

Kasen starts to laugh.

"Oh wait I'm not done. During my fall, I somehow kicked him in too, and he hit his face on the dock and had a giant black eye. He like never talked to me again."

Kasen and I bust out laughing.

"Yeah I wasn't the coolest teenager," I say in between laughing fits.

I admit defeat for the most embarrassing drunk story, resulting in taking another shot.

"Okay, how about..." Kasen trails off thinking of another topic.

We go back and forth like that for another hour.

Somewhere in between my 5th and 7th shot, 'Feel So Close' by Calvin Harris comes on.

"OH MY GOD! I LOVE THIS SONG!" I yell, grabbing Kasen by the hand and leading him to the dance floor.

I wrap my arms around his neck, facing him and we start to move. We're not super up on each other grinding, but we're dancing to the beat in close proximity. The sexual tension between us is so thick you could cut it with a knife. Both our breathing is getting heavier as we move closer and closer.

He wraps his hands lower down my back, and we look each other in the eyes. In that moment, I'm lost. And all I want is to kiss him.

But instead, I pull away and quickly run out of the club, hopping in a taxi, and going home.