Chapter 29

*warning: some mature content. Viewer discretion advised.

*7 Weeks Later

Adeline POV

I'm about 16 weeks pregnant now, and Kasen and I are loving it. Today we find out the gender of the baby, and I couldn't be more excited. Because of some complications after being pushed down, we have yet to go public with the pregnancy, but if everything goes well today, Kasen's publicist will announce it.

I have yet to hear from Axel, but I'm thankful for that. Kasen's lawyers are working on a way to have him filed as the baby's legal father. Axel doesn't deserve this child.

Kasen and I have been absolutely amazing, it's like we were just meant for each other, and we couldn't be happier.

"Are you two ready?!" Dr. Miller asks excitedly.

We both smile at each other and nod.

"You will be having....a boy!" Dr. Miller announces.

"A BOY!" Kasen exclaims, obviously happy for a boy.

"Oh my god! Kasen, we're having a boy!" I am in disbelief.

"I love you," Kasen says before kissing my forehead sweetly.

Yeah, we said I love you already, what can I say, we just do. I never believed in fate until I met him, now I know we are fated to be together.

"I love you too!" I beam.

We leave the Dr. Miller's office hand in hand, on cloud nine. Kasen goes to call his publicist to give him permission to announce the news.

"Hello?" I answer my phone.

"Adeline, it's Axel. Please don't hang up!"

I freeze at his voice.

"What do you want?!" I spit.

"I know I fucked up! I'm so sorry. I want you to know I've checked into rehab, and I'm taking care of my problems. I've been here for six weeks now, and next week is a visitor day, I was hoping maybe you could come by."

I hear the sincerity in his voice, but I'm hesitant.

"Well, if I come, I'm not going to come alone. Kasen will be with me. And I need to think about it."

"Of course," Axel says before giving me the address and information.

After I've hung up the phone, I stare at it emotionlessly. "What's wrong love?" Kasen asks concerned.

"That was Axel, he wants me to come to visitor day at rehab." I admit.

"Absolutely not, do you remember what he did last time you saw him? He does not deserve to be in your life or our baby's life."

"I love that you call him our baby," I start smiling.

"Well, he's mine. I've told you that since day one, this is my baby, our baby."

"What if you come along with me, to keep me safe. I mean, he's been there six weeks, so he's sober, and all the staff will be around, as well."

Kasen frowns but eventually nods, "alright, but I'm not leaving your side."

I stand up on my tip-toes to give him a kiss.

"Thank you," I say gratefully.

"For what?" He tilts his head.

"For loving me, and this baby, for protecting me, for being here for me, for everything."

"You'll never have to worry another day of your life babe, you're mine, and I will always take care of you and our baby," He smiles.

"I love you!" I wrap my arms around him in a hug.

He chuckles and whispers in my ear, "I love you too."

*The Next Night

"Washington Capitals player, Kasen King has announced he and his girlfriend are expecting a child together. We wish them nothing but the best here at ESPN, goodnight!" I turn off the t.v. in Kasen's living room.

I've moved in, but it still doesn't feel like my place too. I love it though and everything I need is in walking distance.

The penthouse elevator doors bing as they open, and my hormones go crazy as I see Kasen step out.

"Hi baby," I seductively greet him. I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him in for a deep kiss.

"Oh hello, my love. I've missed you," Kasen whispers into my ear.

I moan at the feeling of his breath on my ear.

"I need you, now," I demand.

He smirks before picking me up and sitting me down on the counter. He quickly rips my shirt off, kissing my breasts, teasing me slowly, before making love to me all night long.