Chapter 19

Kasen POV

This girl is amazing. We spent two hours just walking on the waterfront. I feel such a powerful connection with her, but I need to be patient.

When she told me that she feels the connection too, I was thrilled. I'm also excited that she's working at the hospital now, so I have an excuse to see her.

The fact she wants to come to my games is such a turn on, it's important that the woman I end up with understands and enjoys the game. I had told her about my five year contract, but what I didn't tell her is it's a $5,000,000 contract for the first year, and after that it's a $7,000,000 contract each year. If I add that with the $15,000,000 I already have from my previous contract, I could provide her with anything she would ever need. She'd never have to work again, unless of course she wanted to.

I shake off my thoughts, and head to practice.

"So man, you been talking to that chick from the gala?" Hans asked me while we warm up.

"Sort Of. She's dating someone now, but I'll wait."

"I want to meet that friend of hers, hook it up man."

I laugh, "alright I'll try man."

After practice, I decide to text Adeline.

Me: Hey gorgeous. I was wondering if you and your friend would like to go out with me and my buddy Hans. He kinda is asking me to hook it up.

Ads: Hell yeah! That'd be fun. Let's do it!

Ads: not like let's do it, like sex. I meant like let's go out.

Ads: not go out, like all of us go to the club.

Me: hahahahaha you're adorable. I got what you meant. Get your head out of the gutter, Ads

Ads: LOL :)

Me: How's Friday night? Come over to my place and we'll pregame here. Say 9pm?

Ads: perfect! Can't wait!

I smile at our conversation. I'm glad she accepted because during season I don't go out and drink. Luckily, I have one chance to go out with her.

I call Hans and tell him the news, he's excited. I head to bed, ready for it to be Friday.

Axel POV

"Hey babe," I ask through the phone.

"Hi, how's L.A.?" Adeline asks. 

I'm in L.A. for the next week promoting our new album. Then I'll  make the official move to D.C. next month.

"It's good, I've been super busy. How are you doing?"

"I'm good! I really like my new job! And the people I work with are great. But I miss you," she says excitedly.

I chuckle before I answer. "I miss you too, a lot! I just wanted to call before it was too late there. I've gotta run! Talk tomorrow."

"Okay, goodnight babe!"

I can't stand the distance thing, but it's part of the lifestyle. If it were up to me, I'd ask Adeline to come along with me but it's still super early. I am going to ask her to come to the album party next month with me.

I look at myself one more time in the mirror before I take a deep inhale and get ready for this press conference.

Kyle and I meet in the hallway.

"Here come the vultures," Kyle jokes before we head out on the stage.

The last question of the night is directed to me.

"So you had said you're officially taken by some lucky girl. When will you two do your first public appearance?"

"Next month, at the album party. I can't wait to show her off to the world."