Chapter 45

Adeline POV

"Liz, stop handing me champagne!" I groan, rolling my eyes.

"Oh my god, I keep forgetting!" Liz gasps, laughing. Liz is Brandon's, one of Kasen's teammates, wife.

"Are you kidding, look at my freaking stomach!" I point to my pregnant belly before laughing back.

"Liz you're such an idiot," Madison chimes in before motioning to the lady working at the bridal shop, "can we have a bottle of sparkling apple cider?"

Madison is married to another one of Kasen's teammates, Riley. Liz and Madison took Kate and I under their wings and we've all grown extremely close.

"THE GUEST OF HONOR IS HERE!" Kate announces, waltzing into the shop with her mom, Lillian, younger sister, Caroline, and Han's mother, Alice in tow.

I chuckle at her dramatics before giving her a tight hug, "I'm so excited for you!"

She pulls back, smiling, "me too. He's the man of my dreams."

"Adeline, you look radiant." Lillian gives me a motherly hug.

I smile back at her. "Thanks Lillian, it's amazing to see you."

After a round of hugs, we all sit on the couches and chairs provided outside of the private dressing room. "So who is my bride?" A tall blonde girl approaches us.

We all point to Kate, who is proudly raising her hand.

"I'm Cassie, I'll be your dress consultant today." The girl holds out her hand to Kate, smiling warmly, and I instantly like her.

"If it's okay with everyone, I'd like to start with the bridesmaid dresses first." Kate orders and I nod at the rest of the girls. I'm her matron of honor, and it's my job to keep things running smoothly for her, so she doesn't have to stress as much.

"What are you thinking for bridesmaid dresses?" Cassie asks.

I pull out a couple printed pictures and hand them to her, earning a nod of approval from Kate.

Today I won't be trying on my dress because by the time the wedding comes, I'll have lost the baby weight. Kate and I decided I'd just set aside a dress in my size and get it fitted later. I'm not worried about how the dress looks on me at all. For one, Kate has amazing taste and secondly, the day is about her, not me, so who cares how the dress fits me.

"Will the matron of honor be wearing a different dress then the others?" Cassie asks.

I shake my head, "no we are all doing the same dress, same color, same length."

Kate beams at my quick and correct answers.

Cassie leads us towards the bridesmaid section, and we start flipping through the sections, organized by colors. Kate hasn't decided completely on what color she wants the dresses to be, so we choose a couple dresses from each color of her color theme.

I take a seat next to Kate on the couch as the other girls go try on the dresses, modeling each one for us. A lot of yes's and no's later, and we've finally picked a light pink, chiffon, long dress.

Kate takes a deep breath as she realizes it's her turn. She describes what she is looking for, and Cassie goes to work on pulling different dresses that fit the bill.

A few dresses later, and Kate comes out, tears in her eyes, in the most Kate- appropriate dress.

We all smile, and she beams at herself in the mirror, "this is it. This is the dress."