Chapter 4

Adeline POV

The next morning, I wake up to a text from Axel.

Axel: Hey darling, just thinking about you today. I got my first show tonight, I'd love it if you'd come. I'll bring by tickets later to the restaurant for you.

Me: Hey :) Wow, are you sure?!

Axel: Never been more sure. See you later beautiful.

I smile at his last text, blushing slightly at his compliment. I've never listened to his music, but I'm always down for new music and a concert.

Today, I don't have to open, so I spend the morning working out at a local boxing studio. I love boxing, it's a great workout, makes you toned as hell, and makes me feel empowered. After enjoying a hot shower, I get ready for work and leave.

A few hours later, I can feel Axel enter the room before I see him. 'Wow,' I think to myself as I get shivers up my entire body. I've had boyfriends in the past, but no one has ever had this effect on me before.

"Hey darling," He walks up and takes me by surprise when he kisses my cheek.

My face turns bright red, and I look down at my feet.

"I love that my touch makes you blush," He whispers in my ear.

Goosebumps are on my arms, excited about his close proximity to me.

Laying down 3 tickets on the stand, he winks and says, "they're front row so I can see you when I'm on stage. Be ready for a song being dedicated to you." And with that, he walks away, leaving me baffled and thrilled.

"Hello?" Kate, my best friend's voice comes through the speaker.

"Hey, I have three, front row tickets to The Agents of Anarchy concert tonight. Want to go?" I smile, knowing she loves rock music.

"ARE YOU KIDDING?!?! AHHHHHH YES! What time does it start?!"

"8 PM at Verizon Center."

"Okay come over at 6 and we'll get ready together. OMG CAN'T WAIT! I'VE GOT TO GO PICK OUT OUTFIT CHOICES NOW!" She exclaims before hanging up the phone.

I laugh, knowing she's probably rummaging around her closet for the perfect outfit. Kate's family is extremely wealthy, and she has a huge townhouse in Georgetown, a couple blocks from me. Her closet is gigantic, and she has an obscene amount of clothes. A lot of my clothes are hers that she's decided she'll never wear.

The day drags on, to my dismay. I'm really looking forward to tonight, and seeing Axel in action is exciting me.

Finally work is over, and I head to Kate's to shower and get ready with her. Our other friend, Rose, is meeting us there as well. They are my two best friends in this world, and I'm so glad I met them when I first moved to D.C.

Before I can even ring Kate's doorbell, her door swings open and she yanks me inside, chattering away about outfits and makeup.

I take a quick shower in her bathroom, enjoying the use of her expensive shampoo, conditioner, and body wash.

Once Rose arrives, the three of us turn on music, and dance around as we put our hair into loose wavy curls, and apply our makeup for the night. On Kate's bed are a million outfits laying out, ready for us to choose.

Deciding on an all black, edgy outfit, I take one last look in Kate's full length mirror before we go downstairs to have a few drinks.

After a couple of glasses of wine, I throw on my black over the knee heel boots and we get in our taxi.

"Here goes nothing," I say, as we pull up to the Verizon Center.