Chapter 44

Kasen POV

"Bye babe, bye Jack." I say goodbye to my two loves as I walk out the door. I hate leaving my five month pregnant wife and my 8 month old son. But I do get to go do my other love....hockey that is.

It's been a couple months and all the tabloid mess has finally settled down. For the next week, our team is on the road, finishing up the regular season. I want to go to the playoffs and win the Stanley Cup, but I have a nagging feeling that it's not our year. I keep it pushed way down though, the superstitiousness nature of the sport would cause the team to kill me for my thoughts.

"So Hans, how's the wedding planning going?" I joke Hans once we are sitting on the team bus.

He rolls his eyes, "I am so happy to be leaving for a week. I love Kate but holy hell is she bride freaking zilla." His eyes then go wide and he stares at his phone, checking that he wasn't accidentally on the phone with her still.

I laugh, patting his shoulder, "welcome to life with the women we love, man."

"I just hope maybe this week she can get most of it done."

"Well, with you and I gone, I'm sure the girls will focus on that," I try to reassure him.

"I think Liz was going over there tomorrow to help them out," one of our teammates, Brandon pipes in.

Brandon's wife, Elizabeth, gets along really well with Kate and Ads, and they've become really good friends. Most of the team's wives are all really close, but of course, a few of them are gold-digging, shallow bitches.

"Yeah, Liz was going to meet up with Madison and then go over there," one of our other teammates, Riley adds.

Hans shakes his head, "man, I just pray they get it all done..if I have to look at two of the same white invitations and pick which one is better one more time, I'm going to lose my mind."

I laugh, "yeah, I got pretty lucky with Ads wanting a small, simple wedding."

Riley chuckles, "yeah dude, Madison said that your wife planned the wedding in one day." Madison is his wife and is close with mine and Han's wives as well. Liz and Madison are best friends, their husbands have been on the team a long time and both of them were young when they were married.

"By the way, Ads wants to have a BBQ for us after the last game of the season, everyone is invited. She rented some pavilion at some park right outside of Arlington."

A few hours later, we arrive at the arena, greeted by the press, all taking pictures. We all have to answer some questions before entering, so I approach one of the nicer interviewers.

She smiles, "Hey Kasen, how's your family doing? Are you looking forward to the arrival of your next child?" I smirk proudly before answering.

After winning the game, I shower and head back to the hotel, excited to call my wife

"Hi baby!" Her excited voice crackles through the phone.

"Hey my love, how are you and Jack?"

I can feel her smile through the phone, "we're good. I just put him down to sleep and I'm crawling into bed right now."

"I wish I was there holding you."

She giggles, "I wish you were here doing more than just holding me..."

I chuckle, "babe I was trying to be sweet, but trust me, there's nothing more I'd like to do then rip off your clothes and bend you over..."

She half laughs, half growls. "Baby, my hormones are crazy right now, don't tease me. On another note, you played amazing tonight babe."

"I love that you watch all my games, I love you so much."

"Of course I do, I love you! And watching you play...mmm..such a turn on."

My dick twitches a little bit, "baby stop teasing me."

Ads light laughter sounds, "I'm sorry, you're just so freaking hot!!!"

"What are you doing tomorrow?"

She sighs, "wedding dress shopping with Kate! It's going to be a nightmare!"

I laugh at her horror, "well good luck babe. Sleep tight. I love you."

"I love you too babe, goodnight."