Chapter 36

Adeline POV

"Did you just say wife?"

Kasen smiles, "I mean babe, you know I'm gonna ask you to marry me. You found the ring."

I laugh, "I know it's just to hear you say it is so....sexy."

"Oh yeah you like that baby? Then you'll love what I have in mind for you tonight." He smirks seductively.

*The Next Day

"Babe! Hurry we've got to go get a Christmas tree!!!" I yell from downstairs.

Lydia chuckles, holding Jack rocking him back and forth. She's babysitting him while Kasen takes me to pick a Christmas tree.

"Damn baby you look good," Kasen comes over kissing me.

"I do look pretty cute in my winter tree picking outfit huh?" I tease.

"You always look cute," he kisses me again.

We get to the outskirts of the city, where the tree farms are.

"Babe, you know we could've just bought a tree somewhere that was already decorated."

"Oh my god! No! Kasen are you serious?! That's not how you celebrate Christmas!"

Kasen chuckles at my excitement. I can't help it, I love Christmas. "You have no idea how excited I am to spend our first Christmas together."

I smile, "me too baby." I turn to him and grab his hands, "Kasen, seriously, you have no idea how grateful I am for you and everything you do for me and Jack. You've just been the best thing to ever happen to me." I have tears in my eyes with sincerity and the snow starts to fall down steadily.

He looks down for a second before dropping my hands. He reaches in his pocket and pulls out the ring box.

Kasen gets down on his knee, looking up at me with nothing but pure love in his eyes. "Well, I was going to wait til Christmas Eve...but this just feels like the perfect moment."

My hand is over my mouth, the tears keep welling up in my eyes.

"Adeline Cooper, you are everything to me. You and Jack are everything to me. I've wanted to ask you to marry me for so long, for so damn long Ads. I love you, please let me love you and take care of you, forever. Marry me?"

"Oh my god! Yes, yes, a thousand times yes!" He slips the ring on before picking me up and twirling me around, kissing me passionately.

Kasen POV

".....you've just been the best thing to ever happened to me." Adeline says so sincerely that tears pool in her eyes.

With the snow falling, I knew it was the perfect moment. I dropped to one knee.

"Adeline Cooper, you are everything to me. You and Jack are everything to me. I've wanted to ask you to marry me for so long, for so damn long Ads. I love you, please let me love you and take care of you, forever. Marry me?"

Her reaction is beyond adorable. With all my happiness I can't contain myself, I pick her up in a hug and twirl around. It feels as if it's just me and her in the world right now.