Chapter 15

Adeline POV

"I'm going to miss you so much, baby." Axel pulls me in for a tight hug.

His tour bus is waiting on him, but he could care less.

I'm trying to hold in tears, I don't want him to leave, it's been like a dream having him here.

We kiss fiercely one last time before he stops, looks at me sadly, and says "I'll miss you Addy. I promise I'll skype every night, and text you whenever I can. Bye baby."

"Be safe, I'll miss you too." We give each other one last kiss, and he loads onto the bus.

He's looking out the window at me and I watch them drive away.

*One Week Later

*One Week Later

Adeline POV

"And I have a lot of experience with computers, and customer service." I say, finishing my job interview.
I knew I couldn't hostess forever and I needed a better paying job, so Rose's parents hooked me up with a job interview for a receptionist at the children's hospital.

"Okay, great! I think you're the perfect fit for this job. When can you start?"

"Well, as soon as possible. I found and trained my replacement at my old job already so I'm ready to start!"

"How about you come in tomorrow for a training day, and then you can officially start next Monday." Grace, my soon to be boss said.

"Great! Thanks so much!" I shake her hand and walk out smiling.

Once I exit the hospital, I pull out my phone and text Rose:

Me: Tell your parents thank you so much for me! I got the job!!!

Rose: Ahhhh!!!! Congrats! I'm so happy for you, you'll love it and the people that you'll work with are great! I'll tell my parents tonight when I have dinner with them. Drinks tomorrow?

Me: Yes! I'll text Kate. XoXo

I smile, then text Axel:

Me: Babe I got the job!!! I wish you could be here to celebrate with me!

Axel: I'm so proud of you baby! I knew they'd love you! I wish I could be there too...3 more days!

Me: I can't wait!

Axel: What are you up to now?

Me: Well I should probably go buy some professional work clothes, but I don't have enough money, so I'm going to window shop, and get some ideas. I think I can make something work with what I have now.

Axel: When I get back I'll take you shopping. Gotta go, sound tech needs us! Bye baby, so proud of you! Call you later.

Me: Okay, have fun tonight! Xox

I sigh and put my phone away. I spent the afternoon looking at the mall for some ideas of work outfits, then grabbed a smoothie, and headed back home to clean and straighten out my place.

The next morning, I wake up extra early so I can get my run in, and still have plenty of time to shower and get ready.

I walk into the hospital, ready and excited for the day.

"You must be Adeline!" A cute small girl says friendly. "I'm Sarah, I'll be training you today!"

I return her warm smile, "awesome! Nice to meet you."

"So go set your things down behind the check in desk and meet me in my office...it's the second door on the right."

I nod, and do as I'm told.

My phone bings and I look at the text:

Axel: Still can't stop thinking about watching you play with yourself on Skype last night....

Me: I thought you'd like that...

Axel: Very much so. I can't wait to bury my face in that pussy soon. Good luck today babe!

Me: Oh baby, you have no idea the things I'm going to do when you return. Thanks baby, gotta go!

I smile and blush at our conversation before I put my phone away and go to Sarah's office.

Halfway through the day, Sarah comes up to the front desk. "Hey, so today the Washington Capitals are coming in for a charity thing. They do it twice and month, and on the days they come, your job is to keep them on schedule while they're here."

"The Caps?!?! Are you serious?!" I excitedly exclaim.

Sarah laughs, "Yeah, you a fan?"

"Yes I love hockey!"

"Well my family has season tickets, you should come with me to some games this year," she offers.

"I'd really like that! Thanks Sarah!"

"Oh, look, here they are," Sarah points.

I whip myself around, and am instantly met by that familiar intensity that I felt at the poker night.

"Well, hello mystery girl," Kasen smirks.