Chapter 40

Adeline POV

I wake up to find myself laying in a hospital bed with IVs and monitors hooked up to me. I glance over to see my beloved husband sleeping in the chair. The last thing I remember was Axel's interview and then I must've passed out.

"Babe?" I ask gently.

Kasen jerks up, coming over and grabbing my hand. "Hi baby, I'm so glad you're up!" He gives me a sweet kiss on the forehead.

"How long have I been sleeping?"

"Just a few hours. You passed out after watching the interview of Axel and I brought you straight here..."

I can sense a hesitation in his voice, "What is it babe?"

He smiles widely, "Well, the bad news is, you passed out from stress, dehydration, and not eating enough...but the fantastic news is...WE ARE HAVING ANOTHER BABY!!!"

My face lights up, "Wait, what?!??!???" I'm so excited at the news.

"You're about 9 weeks pregnant baby! I can't believe we're having another baby. I love you so much." He kisses my lips.

Tears form in my eyes, "oh my god, we're having a baby!" The news finally settles in and I cry of pure happiness.

"I love you so much. So fucking much," I whisper before pulling him in for another passionate kiss.

"I love you the most." He says in between kisses.

My excitement turns to concern, "is the baby okay? You know with me passing out?"

"The baby is fine, you just need to start taking prenatal vitamins ASAP, start eating a little more, and make sure to stay hydrated."

I nod my head before another grin takes over my face, "we're having a baby! Oh my god, I love you!" I can't stop my excitement.

"I love you, so much babe. Thank you for giving me everything I ever could have asked for," Kasen says grabbing my hands and looking into my eyes.

God I love this man.

After having an ultrasound and one last check up, the doctor discharges me and we head home.

Once we get home, Kasen turns to me seriously. "Babe, I know you shouldn't stress but what are we going to do about the whole Axel situation?"

I shake my head, "I have no idea. I'm worried about you, is this going to impact your career?"

"No baby, I might be a professional athlete, but I'm not in the spotlight as much as a rockstar or actor, people won't really care. And fans are loyal, if we tell our side of the story, they'll understand. My publicist called and thinks we should take an interview together. What do you think?"

"If it helps you babe, then I'd do anything."

He smiles, "my publicist thinks it'll also help keep you from being dragged through the ringer with the tabloids."

"Does he have one set up yet?"

Kasen nods, "he set one up on ESPN and another on Entertainment News. We can do them as soon as you'd like."

"Let's just go ahead and get this over with as soon as we can, so we can go back to being a family."

Kasen agrees and calls his publicist to set it up.

I wander into Jack's room and pick him up into my arms. I can't believe I made this little miracle, and now, I have another on the way.

"You look so sexy babe," Kasen growls, appearing in the doorway.

I giggle, "so do you babe. The whole 'Daddy' thing suits you."

He smirks, "call me daddy again." He stalks towards me.

"You're naughty," I tease before kissing him.

I look at Jack and then back at Kasen, "I can't believe we're going to have another. I'm so excited."

Kasen's face lights up, "me too baby. I hope it's another boy."

I laugh, "me too! A girl is too much to worry about all the time!" I joke.

"Well in the morning we need to prep with my publicist and then we'll be on Entertainment News tomorrow night. We can do this babe," he assures me.

A little twinkle of revenge sparks in my eye, "Alright, let's reveal the truth."

I put Jack down, "Alright, Let's go to bed, Daddy," I smirk and his eyes light up with lust.

We go to bed and make love all night long.