Chapter 7

Adeline POV

"Oh my god, are you fucking kidding me?!" Kate shouts when we enter the cab.

"That was so cool!" Rose agrees.

I laugh, "Okay, they were really good!"

"Not to mention how hot they looked up there!" Kate adds.

"Yeah....that too," I admit.

"AND HOLY SHIT CAN WE NOT FORGET THE PART WHEN AXEL KADENCE WROTE A SONG FOR YOU?!" Kate excitedly screams.

"How did I almost forget about that?!?!" Rose laughs.

"That was amazing."

I smile, staring out the window of the cab.

He's only here for the week, and he's a notorious bad boy player. I mean, what could this ever actually be?

For the first time all night, I frown, lost in thought the whole way back home.

"Don't forget you both agreed to come to my parent's charity gala next Saturday!" Rose reminds us as the taxi drops her off first.

"Oh god, I completely forgot. I'll make sure to get off of work."

I get home and my phone bings.

Axel: You get home safe?

Me: yes :) thanks for asking. And thanks for everything tonight. It was seriously like a dream.

Axel: I would do anything and everything  for you, Addy. Goodnight. I'll see you tomorrow :)

Before I can respond, I fall asleep with a smile on my face.

*The Next Day

"Hey darling," Axel greets me as him and his band enter the restaurant for breakfast.

"Hey Axel," I say back smiling.

Axel nods his head to his band, telling them to go ahead to the table.

"I wanted to talk to you about something.."

Axel's words making me nervously gulp.

"You're everything I've ever dreamed of in a woman. And I'd really like to get to know you and see where this goes. I'm serious about you, Adeline. Will you go on a date with me tonight?"

"Really?"

"Yes, really."

"I would love to Axel. I get off at 6, so it'd have to be after that."

"Good. I'll pick you up then, text me you address. Gotta go darling." He kisses my cheek and heads to the table.

The day lingers on slowly, and I can't wait to just go on this date.

Hours later, I hear a knock at my door, and I open it, revealing a casual, but extremely hot, looking Axel.

"Come in, I'm almost done," I usher for him to come inside

"This is your place?" He asks, frowning.

"Uh yeah, something wrong with it?" I get slightly offended by his tone.

"You just deserve so much more..."

"Well, it might not be big, but it's all I need. And it's the only way I can afford to live in Georgetown." I shrug, before adding the finishing touches to my outfit.

I nod in approval at my casual, but super cute outfit. I grab a sweater for the late summer/ early fall chilly nights, and lock the door once we've left.

I stare with an open mouth, "we are taking that?" I point to his beautiful sleek Audi R8.

He beams and opens the passenger door for me. I climb in still in awe of the nice car.

We arrive at the Lincoln Memorial, and he grabs a picnic basket and a blanket, before taking my hand and leading me to a spot next to the reflection pool.

The Lincoln and the Washington monuments are all lit up, and the serene night makes for the perfect date scene.

Axel lays out the blanket, and opens the picnic basket, before pouring us both two glasses of champagne.

I squeal as he pops the bottle open, causing the champagne to spray everywhere.

"To us, and seeing where this goes." He toasts, and we clink glasses together.
We spend hours laughing and getting to know each other.

"Okay, my turn. Never have I ever..." Axel voice trails off as he thinks of something to say.

"Oh got it! Never have I ever jumped into the reflection pool."

I stare at him, keeping my fingers up. "Uh are you kidding, that's so illegal. Of course I haven't done that!" I exclaim, gently elbowing him in the side.

"Well then, let's do it!"

"Axel, it's so illegal. We could get in so much trouble!" I giggle.

"I dare you." Axel says looking me straight in the eye.

I silently return his challenging gaze.

"Why do I get the vibe that you're not one to turn down a dare?" He continues, "you may be sweet and cute, but there's also something else there to you."

He looks at me like a predator looks at his prey, before slowly leaning in closer towards me, still not breaking eye contact. "Something that craves adventure, excitement, even a little danger."

I blush looking down at his words, it's like he can read me like a book. No one has ever figured me out like he has.

"Fine." I get up, holding my hand out towards him still sitting on the ground.

We make sure all of our trash is thrown away, and his blanket, basket, and keys are ready for our escape.

"1...2..3!" He counts down.

With a squeal of excitement and nerves, I run into the pool full of water, holding his hand as he runs through it beside me.

"Hey! You can't be in there!" We both whip our heads around to see a security guard coming towards us. We sprint to the side, jumping out, grabbing our things, and dash to the car.

We quickly jump into the car, and he cranks it on, and takes off before the guard can even see what car we got into. We're dripping wet, laughing out loud, soaking his car's leather seats.

"Did you see his face when we ran?!" I say in between laughs.

"Good thing he was about 60 years old and extremely out of shape!" He laughs back.

By the time our laughter subsides, we have reached my place.

"Well this is me," I say quietly, not wanting the night to end.

"Wait." I feel his hand on my thigh and look up at him.

"Come stay with me. We don't have to do anything, I just don't want this night to end yet."

I bit my lip, failing to hold back my goofy grin. "Let's go!"