Chapter 33

Adeline POV

'Splash.'

I look down to see my water just broke. The excitement and surprise of finding the ring, I must've triggered myself to go into labor.

"Oh my god, oh my god, OH MY GOD!" I'm freaking out, yelling to myself.

I'm frozen in my spot from all the drama that just unfolded.

"Babe! I'm home!" I hear Kasen yell.

"I'm in here!"

Kasen comes walking into the closet and looks around at the scene.

"Ads! Your water broke!" He exclaims, as he sees the puddle at my feet. Then he sees the ring in my hand.

His eyes go wide, "you...you...found...how did you..." he stammers, not knowing what to say.
"Wait, we need to get you to the hospital! Let's go!"

"No! No no no no! I'm not ready! No!" My voice is shaking with fear, "what if I'm a terrible mother?! I'm not ready, omg! Omg Kasen!"

Kasen looks as if he's holding back a laugh, but he remains calm and gentle, "Babe, you are going to be an amazing mother! You can totally do this, and I'm right here by your side."

My eyes are still wide with fear.

Kasen grabs my hand in both of his and shakes it gently, "look at me. I am always going to be right here beside you, supporting you, cheering for you, celebrating you. That's why I bought that ring. We can do anything together, Adeline."

His words hit me like a dump truck, and I smile, my demeanor changing completely.
"Okay, let's go have a baby!"

We grab our bags and head out to the hospital.

Eight hours in the hospital later and still nothing. I'm pacing back and forth in the room, Kasen trying to calm my breathing.

"Breath in.....and out. Good, in and out."

"Babe I fucking love you but if you tell me how to god damn breath one more time, I'm going to kill you," I try to say somewhat kindly through gritted teeth.

He chuckles at my attitude, knowing that it's only because of the pain. "Okay how about we think of names?" He says trying to distract my misery.

I nod my head quickly, any distraction at this point is welcomed. 

"Dalton?" I suggest, to which he shakes his head. "Yeah, now that I said it out loud I don't like it either. What about Dylan? Or Aiden?"

"What about Jack? I've always thought it was a good manly name." His suggestion brings a smile to my face.

"Jack it is! I love it! Um so there's something....GOD DAMNIT!..." my question interrupted by a contraction. "So I was kinda hoping the baby could have your last name..." I trail off hoping it wasn't too much to ask.

His silence scares me so I continue, "Well I was thinking that anyways but then when I saw the ring I thought it would make sense. But it was a stupid idea..."

"No, not at all! Ads, I'm just so insanely happy that you asked me that, I forgot how to even speak. I would be absolutely honored."

A few hours later, our baby, Jack Tristian King entered the world.