Chapter 9

Adeline POV

I'm smiling as I finish the morning shift at the restaurant. All I can think about was waking up next to Axel, his good morning kisses, and his sweet promises about seeing me after the show tonight.

Luckily, I had Rose's parents' gala tonight, so I wouldn't be bored waiting at home for his show to finish. The theme for the gala was poker night, and I couldn't wait to gamble. I'm no good at poker or any form of it, but I like to play blackjack.

I'm looking in my closet, frowning at the option of clothing I have. Nothing I own is formal enough for a black tie gala, and at this point, it's too late to go buy anything.

I hear an urgent knock on the door, and I run to answer it. Kate comes pushing her way in, her arms full of makeup bags and gowns safely stored in dress bags.

"I knew you wouldn't have anything or any time for shopping, so I brought all of the choices my parents had sent over."

I smile at her thankfully. "You just saved me from a lot of embarrassment, thank you."

It's true, this is a black tie required gala. Rose's parents are big time donators to the children's hospital, and they go all out when it comes to raising money. If I had walked in there with a cocktail length dress, I would have been shunned.

I wait for Kate to pick her dress, then look at the remaining dresses, as one catches my eye.

We pull up to the gala, and happily enter, arms linked with each other

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

We pull up to the gala, and happily enter, arms linked with each other.

Kate's parents start to walk towards us, and she quickly yanks me away, mouthing "bar."

We make our way to the open bar, order our drinks, and sit down at one of the blackjack tables.

Kate and I are halfway through our third game of blackjack. The dealer hands me a 10 and a 5.

"Hit me," I say confidently, tapping the table with my fingers.

"Bold choice, I like it," a deep voice says from behind me.

I whip my head around, and see the most gorgeous man I've ever seen, besides Axel.

"Holy shit," Kate mumbles out loud, before I elbow her in the side

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"Holy shit," Kate mumbles out loud, before I elbow her in the side.

I roll my eyes, and turn back to the table, flipping my card. "5" the dealer says when she sees my card, "20 wins."

She hands me my chips, and I grab them. Walking past the gorgeous man, I smirk at him, "it may be a bold move, but it was the right one." We exchange a look, as we part ways.

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"Who the hell was that?!?!" Kate whisper yells in my ear, as she catches up to me

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"Who the hell was that?!?!" Kate whisper yells in my ear, as she catches up to me.

"Don't care, he was rude."

"Yeah but fuck! Do you have eyes?!"

"I need a drink," I scoff, rolling my eyes, and heading to the bar.

As I'm saying my goodbyes, I glimpse over at the man from earlier. He excuses himself from his conversation and walks my way.

I quickly duck my head and leave the gala into the damp night. I let out a breath, that I had no clue I was holding. Why did that man make me
so nervous?

"Hey, I'm Kasen." I jump at the voice coming from behind me.

I stand there, glaring at him and cross my arms
across my chest.

"I know it was rude of me earlier to interrupt your game. But I was impressed, I'm sorry."

I crack a small smile, and look at him up through my lashes. "Nice to meet you, Kasen."

The heat radiating between us makes me hold my breath again.

I exhale when my car arrives, "Well I'll see you around, Kasen." I smile over my shoulder, walking towards the car.

"Wait, I didn't get your name."

"That's because I didn't give it to you," I smirk cheekily and close the door of the car, before it pulls out into traffic. Looking back at him through the tinted windows, he's smiling to himself and shaking his head, before he heads back into the party.

Letting out another deep breath, I think to myself, 'what the hell was that?'

The Athlete, The Rockstar, and The Hostessजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें