Chapter 18

*One Week Later

Adeline POV

"Hey Ads," I hear a familiar voice yell at me from a distance.

I look over to see Kasen waving at me with a huge smile on his face. I start to walk up to him, waving.

"Hey Kasen. How are you?"

"I'm good, doing better now." He winks.

I blush at his flirting, I know it's wrong, but I feel such a connection with him.

"I mean, we just talked yesterday." I joke. Yeah, I know it's bad but we've been texting. I can't help it, I feel such strong feelings towards both of them.

He laughs. "Well, what are you doing?"

"I'm just going to go for a walk on the waterfront...wanna join?" I ask.

Kasen nods, smiling. We walk side by side on the beautiful early fall day, by the gorgeous Georgetown waterfront.

"How are you liking the hospital?" Kasen starts.

"I like it a lot, I'm really getting the hang of things and I love visiting with the children," I answer.

"Yeah, I love visiting them too. They're so optimistic and positive, it's like they don't even think they're sick, it's inspiring."

I smile at his kindness, "exactly."

"How are you and Axel?"

I blush a little, not wanting to answer the question.

"We're good, he's done with his tour, and he's started to look for places here."

"So it's pretty serious, huh?" He questions.

I don't know how to answer, I mean, yeah we're serious, but I can't deny the feelings I have towards Kasen.

My silence makes him continue speaking, "you know, don't answer that. Because, no matter what, I'll be waiting for you."

I tilt my head, "what do you mean?"

He rolls his eyes. "It's obvious that I'm into you. I feel an insanely strong connection with you, and I know you feel it too. You're my dream girl, and I'll wait for you, however long it takes."

I take a deep breath, nervous to admit my feelings for him. 'If I say it out loud, does that make me a terrible person?' I think to myself.

"Kasen, I feel the connection too. It's like I've been struck by lightning when I'm near you, it consumes me. But I also have strong feelings for Axel, and I don't know what to do, to be honest."

Kasen smiles, "I know you're with him. But I know that he will never be good enough for you, and one day, you'll realize that. And I'll be here, waiting to show you the world."

I want to kiss him so bad. His words are so genuine and beautiful. But I know I can't, I need to figure out my feelings first.

"You promise?"

"I promise," he states, and I know he means it.

We walk a little further in silence, before I clear my throat, "so how's the season going?"

"It's good, we start the actual season in a couple weeks, but practices are going well, and I'm liking the team here."

"I knew you were new to the team. I love hockey, I would've known you."

He chuckles, "Yeah, I signed a five year contract with them, after I got traded from the Vegas Knights. I'm excited to be part of such a strong, talented team. If you love hockey, why don't you come to some of the games? I'll leave tickets for you at the box office."

"You don't have to do that, I can buy some." I bite my lip shyly. I'm not good at accepting things or compliments.

"It's perfectly fine, don't worry about it. Just let me know what games you want to come to, and I'll leave a couple under your name."

"Thank you Kasen, that's really nice of you."

"Anything for my favorite girl," he grins.

I smile and look up at him through my eyelashes. 'Lord Jesus, I'm in trouble. Please help me,' I think to myself before we continue on our walk.