Chapter 8

Adeline POV

We arrive to the Hay Adams, and sneak in through the underground entrance. Heading straight to his room, I do my best to avoid seeing any of the employees that I know. If I was caught, I'd never hear the end of it.

Once in the room, he turns on the tv and grabs us both a beer out of the fridge.

I freeze when I see what comes up on the gossip show.

"Looks like Axel Kadence has found a woman to keep him company during his tour leg in Washington D.C. This photo was captured outside of his opening night show. Is this just another fling for the infamous bad boy? Leigh Williams sure thinks so. The head singer of the band that's on tour with The Agents of Anarchy reports to us that this girl is a payed escort, playing the role of Axel's girl, in order to hide Leigh and Axels secret relationship."

My mouth drops open. "Axel, is this true?" I'm so hurt, but I hold in the tears, not wanting to let him see me cry.

"No absolutely not! That girl is a fucking psycho, we slept together once a long ass time ago and she won't move on. I'm so sorry Addy, I promise you aren't just a fling to me."

"So then, what am I to you?" I snap.

"You're everything," he breathes out and I can tell he's 100% genuine.

I pop up, walk over to him, and kiss him passionately. He groans, and I continue further, slipping my tongue inside of his mouth.

Our make out session is getting heated, fast, and I know there's no turning back if we go any further. I pull away from this kiss.

He smiles patiently, "Yeah, as much as I want things to go further, I know they shouldn't. Not yet."

"I've been with a good amount of guys, I used to be a little wild, but sex is important to me now. And I don't wanna give myself away before I feel it's earned." I explain.

"Darling, I get it. I respect that. Let's just watch a movie and drink some beer. I have T.V. appearances all day tomorrow and our second show tomorrow night so I just wanna spend time with you right now."

We sit back down on the couch, deciding between watching "The Peaky Blinders" T.V. series or the "Parks and Recreation" series.

"Peaky Blinders!" He demands.

"Okay, I have no objections to that, I loveeeeee the main character...he's so sexy...and that accent!" I tease.

"Parks and Rec it is," he says, choosing the Parks and Rec icon on Netflix.

I laugh at his petty jealousy, but I also find it somewhat cute.

We're 5 episodes in before I peek at the clock to see its 3 in the morning. "You need sleep Axel!"

He grins, "I run off of caffeine, sweetheart. I rarely get the luxury of sleeping."

"Well, you're going to try. But first, let's build a fort at have a sleepover in the living room!"

He chuckles, before grabbing the things needed for a fort.

Thirty minutes later, and our childish living room fort is complete.

"It's a masterpiece," Axels jokes.

"I think it's great!" I shoot back.

We lay down next to each other, and he pulls me so I'm laying with my head on his chest and my arm and leg wrapped around him.

I fall asleep quickly, to the steady rise and fall of his chest.