Chapter 47

Axel POV

I've tried to contact Adeline non-stop. All I want is to meet up with her and talk. I want to be in my child's life, but she won't let me....and I'm pissed.

Time for plan b.

She's going to be pissed, but it's the only way. I've tried to be civil, I've tried to talk to her, I've tried to prove myself...yet all that bitch does is block me out of my child's life.

She won't get away with this. I know I screwed up, but I've done nothing but try to fix things. And what does that bitch do? She gets married to another man and says he's our child's father. And then she gets knocked up by him too.

To hell with the woman I loved.

Adeline POV

"OH NO!" I yell, causing Kasen to run into the kitchen, concerned.

"What's wrong?!"

"I burnt the cookies," I pout, my hormones in complete control of me.

He chuckles, pulling me into a hug and kissing the top of my forehead, "it's okay baby, I'll run to the store and get some more for you."

I grin, "thanks baby!"

I give him a kiss before he grabs the keys and heads to the store.

I stare at my running shoes, realizing how much work I have ahead of me after this pregnancy. This pregnancy has been a little harder for me, I've had unhealthy food cravings, been emotional, and been tired. Luckily, most of the baby weight is still just located around my belly, so I haven't gained too much, but still it's going to take a lot to get back in shape after.

Kate calls and I answer my phone, "Hel-" I'm interrupted by her screaming on the other side.

"YOU GAVE AWAY MY VENUE...THEY GAVE AWAY MY VENUE...THIS LADY FUCKING GAVE IT AWAY!" She's taking turns yelling at them and telling me what happened.

I chuckle at her dramatics and roll my eyes. She's an amazing person and friend, but you definitely don't want to cross her or anyone she cares about.

My face lights up as I see Kasen walking back into our place with cookies in hand. I put her on speaker to show him what is going on. His face winces and he sets the cookies down near me, and races away. Boys....they just don't realize how lucky they really have it.

"You know what Kate, stay put. I'll be there in a second." I can hear her mom take a breath of relief that I offered to come assist them.

Luckily, her venue is right on the Georgetown waterfront, and I only live a few blocks away. I arrive to the place to witness Kate still screaming at the poor woman.

I grab Kate and turn my head to the lady, "I'm sorry about her. What seems to be the problem?"

She hesitates, "well, our new intern messed up the reservations and booked two people for this date here...the other couple had already paid for the full reservation for it, instead of just the deposit, so we kind of have to give it to them. Plus they booked it a month before Kate and Hans did."

I turn to Kate, holding her shoulders, looking her in the eye, "Okay Kate, I know this is unfortunate and sucks....but you can't take it out on this woman...it wasn't even her fault.."

"I DON'T CARE IF IT WAS HER FAULT, I WILL FUCKING GLUE MYSELF TO THIS SPOT UNTIL THE WEDDING DAY IF I HAVE TO. I WILL FUCKING FRAME THE OTHER BRIDE FOR A CRIME IF I HAVE TO..."

The bridal employee's eyes go wide, and I laugh a fake, sarcastic laugh. "She doesn't mean that," I say to her before turning to Kate and whispering to her, "you don't mean that, right?"

Kate's fury in her eyes is all the confirmation I need to know that this crazy bitch will actually do it.

"Is there ANY way we can have both the weddings here that day?" I beg the lady.

"I'm sorry, but Sequoia is only so big, if we had two parties in here, it would be way too crowded."

I look around the two story restaurant that overlooks the harbor, "she's right, Kate."

Kate drops her head in defeat, and her mother and I apologize to the woman before dragging her out, patting her back.

I look across the harbor, trying to think of any ideas to help Kate. I'm Matron of Honor, it's my job to help as much as I can.

My eyes light up as I get an idea. Bingo.

"Hey Kate, remember how I met Axel?"

She turns to me, "what the fuck, Ads. I love you but this isn't about you right now..."

I laugh, "no Kate, I met him working at The Hay-Adams....I was Head Hostess at their restaurant...for like..ever. When I quit, my boss told me if I ever needed ANYTHING I should ask him..." I wait for her to catch on.

"Are you saying that I could get married at the FUCKING HAY ADAMS!" Her hands shoot up to her face.

"Well they have four rooms they can usually use for weddings...let me see if one is available. Usually they're booked but I can see if my boss can help at all..."

"CALL HIM!" Kate orders, making me laugh.

Dialing his number in my phone, I wait for him to answer.

"Hey Addy!" His voice is genuinely happy to hear from me.

"Hey Todd, listen...I've kinda got an issue, and I'm gonna have to cash in that favor you owe me...."

A few minutes later and I hang up the phone...

"well...Todd couldn't make anything at the hotel happen...."

Kate's face drops and a big grin spreads across my face, "BUT..." I pause for dramatic affect.

"his friend's friend is a pretty important guy that owes him a favor...and he got us THE FUCKING KENNEDY CENTER!"

Kate squeals, grabs my hands, and jumps up and down. I start to before I realize how uncomfortable it is with my insanely pregnant.

After a really tight, group hug, Kate and her mother thank me a thousand times.

"Kasen keeps texting me to get home now, but here's his number..he said to call him after 5 PM tonight and you guys can work it all out."

I walk up to my house, happy at myself for making this happy, when I look up and see Kasen standing with Jack in his arms and another man waiting outside the doorway.

I furrow my brows looking at both of them..."what's going on?" I ask.

"Adeline King?"

"Yes?"

"You've been served." The guy says handing me an envelope and walking away.