Chapter 12

Kasen POV

I know from the way Mystery girl and I met, it doesn't seem that I'm the best guy. Well I am, I treat women insanely well. My father had left my mom when I was 11 and my mother made sure I was raised to respect women.

With that being said, I'm fucking pissed at a guy like Axel could get my dream girl.

*Flashback to Night of the Poker Night Gala

I loved coming to these type of galas that our team manager made us go to. I don't care how it made me look, or about keeping my 'good guy' reputation, none of that matters to me. What matters, and why I love coming is to raise money for the children's hospital.

My hockey team, the Washington Capitals, are huge on donating to charities, being involved in our community, and things like that. For me, my favorite charity is the children's hospital. I go see the kids at the hospital every week, even without the cameras following us around. I just go and hang out with these awesome kids that are fighting for their lives, yet they still see the world as this magical place.

I'm walking around the gala, enjoying my time when I see a girl sitting at the blackjack table with her friend. They're laughing, looking so free and careless. I love women like that. I hate when girls try so hard and are so fake and feel they have to portray themselves as bitches. It's not real, and I like REAL.

My friend, Hans, and I walk up towards them, and I'm trying to think of a way to say hi.

I see her glance over at her friend and instantly, her beauty is striking to me. She's a unique beauty, with outrageously stunning features. Her black simple dress is tasteful, classy, but also a little risky. It's not the typical tight dress that holds her boobs up to look like DDs and make her ass look 10 times bigger than it really is. But the risk is that it's not overstated, and people at these type of things like to be overstated and dramatic.

I'm pulled out of my trance when I hear her voice confidently order, "hit me."

I peak over her shoulder to see she already has 15...

"Bold choice, I like it," I say.

They both turn around to see who spoke. Her friend looks at me then checks out my friend, Hans.

I have to stifle a laugh when her friend mumbles, "Holy shit."

We're both tall and intimidating, plus ridiculously in shape due to the nature of our sport. No homo, but we're good looking dudes.

The girl rolls her eyes, and she gets a 5, causing her to win the deck with 20.

She pushes passed me and says, "it might have been a bold choice, but it was the right one."

Impressed, we exchange a look, and I'm completely won over by this woman. I want her.

*End Of Flashback

When I walked into the cafe, I was shocked to see her with Axel Kadence.

Sure I love the guy's music, but he's a notorious playboy, has a history of being a brawler, and has been rumored to be linked to the mafia. He's bad news, and I don't like that she's with him.

As I watch them walk out of the cafe, holding hands, I turn to Hans smiling.

"What are you smiling about idiot, she's with someone?" He asks.

"I have a plan." I smirk.

And I do have a plan: I won't be her friend yet, because I don't want to be friend zoned. I won't try to steal her from the guy, because I know she likes him. But I'll keep mysteriously popping up in her life. And when he breaks her heart, because he will, I'll show her what a real man would treat her like. And then, she will be mine.