Chapter 2

Axel POV

I'm at a loss for words when the hostess turns around and I see her face.

I had saw her from a distance earlier, as I was checking into the hotel, but I wanted to see her closer. I had texted my band, some of our road groupies, and our managers to meet at the restaurant, just so I could see her up close.

When she cheekily said she had no idea who I was, I knew I wanted her to stick around for longer, so I could get to know her better. I requested that she stay, and of course, her manager happily obliged to my demands.

As she leads us to our table, I can't help but check her out from behind. She's short, about 5'3, has tan toned legs that are shown off by her short flowy dress, and her brown hair cascades down her back. You can tell just by looking at her that she takes good care of herself.

I take a seat, and when she hands me the menu, I make an effort to rub my hand against hers.

Sparks.

That's all I feel when our skin collides.

'What the hell?' I think, questioning reaction to touching her. I've never felt anything like that before, don't get me wrong, I've touched plenty of beautiful women, but this was different. This wasn't just sexual, I actually wanted to get to know this girl.

'Fuck, I must need to get laid,' I brush it off.

Dusting off my leather jacket, I look around the table to see what band whore I'll be fucking tonight.

The server comes up, and takes our orders, before the girl returns.

"Can I get you guys any other drinks?" She offers.

I'm lost in her light eyes that are a mixture of green and hazel. I've never seen eyes like hers before, they're gorgeous.

"Yeah, we will take another two bottles of the Moet and Chandon," I answer, not taking my eyes away from hers.

She nods before she ducks her head, and scurries off to the bar. I look over at my manager, whose staring at her ass as she's walking away.

"Hey, douchebag, have some fucking respect," I harshly spit to him, surprising myself with my jealousy.

My manager, Ryan, rolls his eyes at my outburst. He's used to the way I treat him, but he's a damn good manager, and I make sure to pay him extremely well.

"So, where are we going out tonight?" The band's drummer, Kyle, asks.

I shrug, not having been out in D.C. before. 

The groupies start searching their phones for good places, and list off a bunch of the top rated ones. 

We are finished with dinner, and the hostess walks up, placing the bill on the table. Before she can walk away I ask, "Hey, we are thinking of going out tonight. Any places you suggest?"

She tilts her head, adorably, as she is lost in thought.

"Well, it depends what vibe you want. If you want something like clubs, I would go to U street, or the Clarendon area of Arlington, any of those places are fine. If you like something relaxed, I suggest Georgetown or Adam's Morgan, they have nice low key bars," She smiles politely, and walks away. 

We pay our bill, and start to leave. On my way out, I stop at the hostess stand, where the girl is standing. I pull out three hundred dollar bills, and hand them to her. "I know you have to split the tip on the bill with the server and bartenders, but this is just for you."

Her face drops, "oh, I can't take this. This is way too much."

I chuckle at her humbleness, "either you take it now, or I make sure your manager forces you accept it."

She looks down, blushing, and takes the money hesitantly. 

"I'm sorry for it being so late, you okay to get home by yourself at this hour?" I ask, raising my eyebrows, truly concerned. Yeah, D.C. is a busy city, and there's always people out, but it's still a big city, which all have crime. 

Nodding her head, she answers, "I'm fine, thank you for your concern, Mr. Kadence."

I smile, shaking my head. "Don't call me that, I'm Axel." 

She sticks her hand out, finally introducing herself, "I'm Adeline."

I feel the same sparks that I had felt earlier when I shake her hand. 

'God, what is it with her?' I think, blown away by the feelings I have towards her already.