Chapter 6

Axel POV

I finally rip my eyes off of Adeline, and exit the stage. The show was phenomenal, and I'm high off of the performance. I tell my bouncer to go get Adeline and her friends and bring them backstage. While I'm waiting for them, I hop into my shower, and change out of my sweaty clothes.
I walk out of my dressing room, and my heart stops when I see Adeline up close, she's strikingly beautiful, and not in a cliche way. She's unique, but stunning. Her and her friends are talking to Kyle, and she throws her head back laughing. The sound makes my heart flutter, how could one person be so cute? Everything she does is amazing.
I see Ryan walk up to her, standing way too close, and the discomfort is obvious on her face. He goes to wrap his arm around her shoulders, and I start storming over that way. How dare he touch what's mine?! Before I can get there, Adeline swats his arm hard, pushing it away. Her reaction to his touch pleases me. I walk up amused, wrap my arm around her waist and pull her close to me, smiling smugly at Ryan. I lean down and kiss her cheek softly. She glances up from under her eyelashes, smiling happily, and leans further into my hold.
"What the fuck are you still doing here?" I spit at Ryan, who is standing there staring at the two of us.

He huffs, and walks away.

"Sorry about him. Did you like the show?!" I ask, hopeful that she was impressed.

"You were....amazing. I don't have any other words for it."

I smile proudly, before adding, "what'd you think of the last song?"

She looks down and I grab her chin and gently pull her face back up.

With a soft voice she asks, "was that...did you...was that song for me?"

I bit my lip, smiling and nod my head. "I wrote it after I saw you walking home that night."

To my surprise, she leans up and kisses me softly. In my moment of shock, I don't move, and she drops her head and tries to walk away in rejection.

I grab her arm, pulling her back into and kiss her hard. When our kiss ends, I rest my forehead onto hers and whisper, "I was just frozen with happiness, I'd never reject you darling."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

I hear someone clear their throat, and we both look up to the room full of baffled people. No one has seen me this way with a girl. They've seen me drunk, fucking two girls at once, but they've never seen me sweet and gentle. They've never seen me actually care about a girl.

"Why the fuck would you ruin my moment with my girl?" I shoot at one of the groupie whores that was the one who cleared their throat.

Adeline looks up at me, confused but happy. I smile back down at her. Yeah, I know, I just called her my girl, but that's because she will be one day. She will be mine, for good.

Hours fly by, as all of us talk and joke around, and eventually it's late.

I see Adeline yawn.
"You tired?"

"Yeah, I'm exhausted. We should probably get going."

Kyle and I walk her and her friends out, ensuring they safely hail a cab.

I pull Adeline close in a tight hug, "thank you for coming. Get home safe, I'll see you tomorrow."

While I'm kissing the top of her head as a goodbye, I swear I see a flash go off in the corner of my eye.

My suspicions are forgotten when her eyes meet mine and she says goodbye.

Kyle and I watch the taxi disappear into the crowded street, and we go back into the backstage room.

"Dude. Fuck. Yes." Kyle elbows me, winking.

I shoot him a confused look.

"That Kate girl is fucking fine as hell, and hilarious. Thanks for hooking it up."

I shake my head, smiling, and tell my driver I'm ready to go home.