Ch.106 Mirror touch

Throughout the rest of the night, everyone partied till it was almost midnight, and not wanting to allow anyone's outfits to turn into rags, specifically Ashlynn's, everyone began to leave the school while followed Raven and Dexter out. 

"Ready for the bouquet toss?" she suddenly announced as some of the girls gathered behind her.

When she was ready, she threw the bouquet back as it landed in Brooke's hands.

"Does this mean I'm the next one to get a fake wedding?" she asked.

"Perhaps" Raven shrugged.

As everyone began to head off, Mira and David walked up to Raven and Dexter, both with small smiles on their faces and cups of champagne in their hands.

"Well," Mira breathed "We've seen it, and now that means we have to go."

Raven felt her smile went away as she gave a sad sigh.

"What time are you guys leaving tomorrow?" she asked.

"Whenever everyone's ready to say goodbye" Mira mumbled.

"In that case" Raven sighed "We'll make sure when everyone's ready."

At that moment, Mira felt pain in her heart as she gulped down her champagne.

"Are you gonna drink yours?" she asked David.

"I think you've had enough to drink tonight" he suggested while throwing their plastic cups away.

"Yeah, you're right" she sighed as she turned back to Raven and Dexter "Before we go, I need to have a talk with Dex real quick."

"You do?" Dexter replied puzzled.

"Yes, I do, it'll be quick."

Wondering what she wanted to talk about, Dexter followed Mira to the side of the school as Raven and David stayed behind.

"I just wanted to say-" Mira began while taking a deep breath "When I heard that you were dating my daughter, I thought it was a joke because I never expected anyone to fall for her. Now I know that may sound rude coming from me, but back then I really did think that. But after seeing how much you care for her, I realized how wrong I was. You were the first guy that has ever loved Raven, and I wanna thank you so much for being there for her, it really means a lot."

"Oh," he replied as he gave a small smile "No problem, I mean I do love it when a girl is confident in her own skin."

She gave a small giggle when she added- "Give me your hand."

"What?"

"Give me your hand."

Confused, Dexter held out his hand towards her as she took his wrist with one hand and placed something into his palm. When she pulled her hand away, he couldn't believe his eyes when he saw that it was her old engagement ring.

"When the real moment comes" she stated while closing his fingers around the ring.

"Whoa," he breathed amazed "Seriously?"

"Think of it as Raven's something borrowed" she smirked.

He gave a small chuckle, "I guess that works too."

She patted his shoulder with a smile as they walked back to Raven and Dexter.

"Everything okay?" Raven asked.

"Everything's fine" Dexter assured with a smile, feeling the ring in his back pocket.

"We'll catch up with you guys later" Mira suggested, "You guys go ahead and head back home."

"Okay then" Raven smiled as she and Dexter headed off.

As they watched them go, David turned to Mira and noticed the look in her eyes.

"You gave him the ring didn't you?" he asked her quietly.

"It's my something borrowed for Raven" she smirked.

The next morning, once everyone was up and ready, they all met up in front of the school to say goodbye to Mira and David. With the couple up front and everyone spread out to see, they watched as Mira was the first one to speak.

"Well," she spoke out loud for everyone to hear "This is it, I can't believe this is happening right now, it's like time goes by so quickly. I know I started off as my evil self when I first arrived in Storybrooke, but I've changed a lot since then, and it was because of you guys. I just wanna thank you all for accepting me and helping me become a better person. I know I'm just a younger duplicate of my original self but, you all have made me feel like I belong in this world, and I've never felt so happy to have this many friends who made me feel young again, and I don't mean this literally."

"Oh great," Briar suddenly sniffed while wiping her watery eyes "Now you're making me cry."

Mira gave a small giggle as she turned to Raven who had walked up to her.

"Never in my life did I think I would ever get along with my mother" she began "Even if it was just her younger duplicate. But after finding out the truth about you, I've never felt this close to you, you truly have become one of my best friends."

She gave a sniff while feeling her eyes water, "And now I'm gonna have to say goodbye."

"You know I'll always be here right?" Mira reminded as she used her powers to make her magic mirror appear to the side "Remember her? The real me?"

Everyone gasped when they saw the image of the original Evil Queen, Raven's real mother who was still in her Mirror Prison.

"Mom?" Raven gasped when she saw her.

"Hi honey" the queen waved with a small smile.

"She's been watching everything through her mirror" Mira explained, "So she knows everything, you can trust her."

"Are you saying what I think you're saying?" Raven asked.

"If you want" she shrugged.

Turning back to the mirror, Raven looked into the eyes of her mother who placed her hand on the surface. Raven was already getting memories of the many times her mother had tried to escape from her mirror prison, but now, seeing that her mother could now be trusted, it felt a bit odd. But at the same time, now that Mira was going away, her real mother was the only parent she had left. So after taking a deep breath, she walked over to the mirror, looked into her mother's eyes, and placed her hand on the surface.

At that moment, everyone stepped back as they watched as the mirror began to glow brightly, and just like that, when the light faded away, there in front of the mirror stood Raven's real mother the Evil Queen.