Ch.67 Bullseye

Still running from the zombies, everyone did their best to stay on the bridge while being careful not to trip. Even though the zombies weren't as fast as they were, they were on the verge of catching up as everyone tried to think of how to get rid of them.

"We gotta do something!" Terrence yelled, "We can't keep running forever!"

"Can't we just imagine them to disappear?!" Danielle asked.

At that point they all stopped.

"Why didn't I think of that?" Mira questioned herself as she turned around to face the zombies as she began to focus.

And just like that, the bridge exploded in front of them as the zombies were blasted off. Even though there was now a large space between them and the bridge across, at least the zombies were gone.

"Okay, new rule" Mira announced "Whenever we think of something bad, we just think of something to get rid of it. But still, try to clear your thoughts instead of causing trouble."

"Okay then" Olivia breathed "Let's just think of something happy, like bunnies."

At that moment, lots of bunnies appeared out of nowhere while hopping along the bridge.

"Aw," Danielle smiled while bending down to pet a rabbit "Okay, happy thoughts it is."

"Let's get going" Olivia ordered, "I don't know how long it'll take until we reach the library or until the town reaches Shadow High."

"Alright," Terrence replied while picking up a rabbit and petting it "But I'm taking a rabbit with me to calm my nerves."

________

Inside the animal shelter, Scott, Julie, and Macy stood by the animal cages that thankfully still had the shelter animals locked up and alive.

"I'm surprised these guys are still alive," Julie remarked while bending near a cage and looking at the dogs "I didn't think they would make it."

"We took good care of them" Scott smiled while sharpening his ax.

"Well," Macy breathed "I'm not gonna stand around here, I'm gonna sleep and see if my hearing will catch anything."

She set down her mace while sitting on the floor and leaned against the wall and shut her eyes.

"You know I think it's funny she has a mace as a weapon" Scott commented, "Because of mace- Macy?"

Julie gave a small laugh "I get it." (If you've seen 'Dragons Race to the Edge' on Netflix, you probably understand why I did this)

She then got up while holding on her crossbow as she walked over to her boyfriend.

"You feel ready?" she asked.

"I am now" he replied as he finished sharpening his ax "I haven't used my ax in a while, let's hope my skills will stand against whatever comes to us."

"I'm sure they will. Besides, remember what Destiny told us before we left, use whatever magic touch we have against anything, they may come in handy."

At that moment, Macy who was still sleeping suddenly heard the sound of loud and heavy footsteps coming their way as she woke up with a gasp.

"You got something?" Julie asked surprised.

"Yeah" she nodded while grabbing onto her mace "Something's coming, something big."

She quickly got up as they got their weapons ready as they waited. Pretty soon, just like Macy has said, loud and heavy footsteps were heard as the dogs began to bark. Clutching tightly onto their weaponry, the group waited as the steps got louder, only to suddenly stop.

"Huh?" everyone remarked confused.

But judging by the dogs barking and growling, they knew something was up.

"Why did the footsteps stop?" Julie whispered.

"I don't know" Scott whispered back.

But before anyone could say anything else, something big crashed through the doors causing everyone to jump back as the dogs go crazy. There in front of them was a large monster that let out a deep roar that exposed its decayed teeth.

"Okay!" Scott's eyes widen "That's an ogre!"

The ogre took a swing at the group as they quickly ducked and ran out of the way.

"Anyone know how to take down an ogre?!" Julie asked with shock as they backed away from the monster

"Well I've faced one before" Macy replied, "But Natalie took it down with her magic."

"Just focus on the organs!" Scott advised, "It's everyone's weak spots!"

"Good enough for me!"

As they continued to back away from the monster, the ogre took another swing at them with its large hand as they all ducked as Macy quickly swung her mace against its leg, causing it to let out a loud roar of pain while tumbling back. But that wasn't enough as the ogre suddenly charged at them as they tried to move out of the way, but not far enough as the ogre knocked them all into the wall.

"Okay that hurt" Macy winched while rubbing her head.

When the ogre turned back to them, Julie didn't hesitate to think as she aimed her crossbow at it and fired an arrow into its eye as it once again roared out in pain.

"Nice shot" Scott commented amusedly as the ogre growled while facing them with its other eyes.

"But it still has the other eye!" Macy screamed as the ogre charged at the couple who quickly rolled out of the way.

"Okay that's is" Scott snarled while getting up "Hey ugly!"

The ogre turned its attention towards him "If you wanna kill someone, then kill me!"

"Scott..." Julie gave a warning look, but the ogre had already charged at him as he turned and ran the other way "Scott!"

Running down a hall, Scott soon found himself at a dead end as he turned around to see the ogre approaching him angerly. Having little chance of escape, Scott knew what he needed to do as he set down his ax and pulled out his bow and arrow as he drew back the arrow and aimed it at the beast.

"Please don't miss" he begged himself as he waited for the ogre to get closer as he fired his arrow that went straight between the ogre's eyes as it fell back on the floor with a thud.

After making sure it wasn't moving, he let out a sigh of relief just as the girls appeared and gasped at the sight. Seeing the arrow between its eyes, they looked up at Scott who stood there still clutching his bow.

"Bullseye" he breathed with a smile.