Ch.89 Magic touches

The war in Storybrooke was getting more intense and bloody by the second. There were so many monsters and enemies that it was almost impossible to hide without them finding you. They just keep coming and coming, it's like they would never end. But that doesn't mean the students were giving up. And as she dashed through the streets while wearing her signature red hood, Kayla appeared almost invisible as she used her speed to knock into any crew members and monsters she could come across until she came to a stop in front of her sister and dad.

"Hey," she breathed while taking off her hood "I found my hood."

"I can see that" Ramona smiled "I was wondering when you were gonna use it."

"I forgot I had it under my bed, so I kinda had to break into our house to get it."

"Don't worry about it" her father assured, "As long as it'll help us."

Kayla gave a smile before taking off again.

"Now let's finish this," he told Ramona as they both transformed into wolves and went back to fighting.

Down the street, now that they were away from the Shardstorm, the Wonderlandians found themselves separated from each other and each faced with a crew member. But being the skilled fighters that they are, they had no problem handling the members, especially with their magic touches. 

Using her magic playing cards, Ilene was able to make a shield out of the cards as she used it to block the strikes from the member's sword. Being the sneaky kitty she was, Amanda used her teleportation to appear in random spots around the member while laughing at her frustration. When she had the member distracted by a slice across his cheek, Lauren took out her hatter's hat as she began to search through it until she pulled out a bottle of pepper spray that she used to spray into the member's eyes. And as for Christina, when the member swung his sword at her, she poofed into her rabbit form where she began to hop around while using her rabbit's foot to kick him in certain areas.

But seeing how her friends needed some help, Darling knew exactly what to do as she shouted out- "Everyone look away!"

Knowing what that meant, the Wonderlandians turned away from her as she flipped her hair as everything became slow to the human eyes. Using her gift, Darling began to take care of the members until time went back to normal. And as soon as it did, the Wonderlandians stood there in shock by the bloody bodies of the members in front of them.

"You're welcome" Darling breathed while brushing her hair out with her fingers.

_______

Back in the garden center, Jillian and Hector were surrounded by trolls and ogres in every inch of the garden center.

"You got any ideas Jillian?" Hector asked timidly.

"I've got something" she replied, "But it may be kind of intense."

"I don't care, do what you must."

"Well um, okay then. Stand back."

He did so as she pulled out her drawstring bag and pulled out some green beans.

"Here goes nothing" she breathed as she threw the beans in different directions near the monsters. 

And just like that, large beanstalks sprout out from the ground and through the ceiling. Jillian and Hector backed away while watching the beanstalks grow in front of them, blocking the monsters from them. By the time the plants stopped growing, the monsters had evacuated the garden center.

"Damn!" Hector explained astonished, "Nice job."

"Well I am a bit of an escape artist" she smirked.

"But, how do you suppose we escape from here?"

"With your invention of course," she smiled.

"Oh right," he chuckled, "Almost forgot about this."

But before he could use it, they suddenly heard someone call out.

"Jillian! Hector!" they heard it was Jenna's voice "Are you guys okay?!"

"We're fine!" Jillian called back "How did you know we were in here?!"

"Do I have to answer that?!"

"Oh!" she responded while looking at the beanstalks "Nevermind!"

Hector gave a chuckle as she did so too.

"Come on" she nudged his arm "Use that invention of yours to get us out."

"Don't mind if I do."

________

As they waited for Mira and David, Brooke continued to watch the fight through the mirror, never wanting to look away.

"Shouldn't they be here by now?" Delilah suddenly asked.

"It's a big place" Danny replied, "They probably got lost."

"Unless Lydia did something to them."

"Let me try to see if I can locate them" Brooke stated as she made the image change from Storybrooke to Mira and David who were walking down a hall and opening every door they see "Yep, they're lost."

"I thought so" Danny sighed.

"Well I'm can't wait here any longer" Delilah declared impatiently, "We gotta get out of here."

"First of all-" Brooke spoke, "We can't. And second of all, even if we did, we don't know where to go. It's best if we just stay here, remember what your parents said when we were kids and that if we ever got lost, we gotta stay where we are and wait until we're found."

"Okay, I get that for some situations. But at a time like this where Mira and David are already lost and our friends are at war, I say screw it, we're busting out of here."

"For the last time, Delilah-" Brooke snapped, "We can't bust out!"

They both gave frustrated groans while leaning against the walls.

"Actually-" Danny suddenly spoke, "There is one thing we can try."

"What?" Brooke asked.

"My magic may not be able to break the lock, but maybe if I can combine all of my powers, it might be strong enough to break me out of this cell."

Her face lit up "You sure about that?"

"Well, there's only one way to find out."

He stood in the center of his cell as the Brooke and Delilah stepped back. Concentrating on his magic, Danny held his palms out towards each other as he felt his magic forming. Knowing he needed a lot of his magic, he focused hard on creating a large amount of his magic. It was harder than he thought when he felt the massive energy overtaking him, but he kept on focusing while being careful not to overdo it. All of the energy felt like a big weight was placed on him, knowing that he wasn't used to all of this power. But he could feel it working, he kept on doing it until he has had enough as he let his magic burst while letting out a cry. 

Brooke and Delilah both shrieked when his magic burst as they hid behind the wall. When they opened their eyes, all they saw was smoke coming out from Danny's cell as they heard him panting. But when the smoke began to clear away, they saw that his cell door had exploded as he stepped out from his cell while brushing the smoke away.

"Holy crap" Delilah gasped, "You did it."

"I did, didn't I?" he breathed tiredly as he sat on the floor and leaned against the wall near Delilah's cell "I'll let you guys out soon, I need to rest for a moment. Damn that was hard."

"You did good babe" Brooke smiled proudly.