Ch.39 Conflicted moments

With Noah in the bathroom, Terrence tried everything he can to break out from the ropes that were still tied around his wrists. Needing to look quickly, he looked around the room for anything that could help him get loose, and yo his luck, he spotted a pair of small scissors on the nightstand. Even though they were small, they were still his best choice on getting free, so needing to hurry, he stood up his feet that were fortunately not bounded, and while still being tied to the chair, he hurried to the nightstand and tried to pick up the scissors with his hands behind his back.

It seemed impossible to get it into his hands, but he finally managed to do so as he hurried back to his original spot and sat back down just as Noah came out from the bathroom as he kept the scissors hidden in his hands. While keeping his eyes away from him, Terrence could feel Noah's smirk on him as he took a seat on the chair next to him and just stared.

"Are you just gonna stare at me the whole time?" Terrence grunted.

"Lydia says I have to make sure you don't escape, so yeah you can say that."

"Can I ask you something?"

"Shoot."

"Why are you listening to your sister? Why do you let her boss you around?"

"Who says she's bossing me around?"

"Well doesn't she?"

"Perhaps" he shrugged "But it doesn't matter, I do what she says."

"But don't you hate that? Always doing everything she tells you? Do you even want to go through this plan of hers?"

"I kinda have to, because we're both getting something out of this."

"Which is what? Control over everyone's lives? Or just plain out murdering them?"

Noah just replied with a snicker "You sure ask a lot of questions."

"And you didn't answer my question" Terrence replied with a concerned look "Why is that?"

"Because if I do answer it, you're gonna ask more questions, and I'm already sick of it."

"Well if you're gonna kill me you might as well answer my question" he frowned.

"I could" he shrugged "But I don't want to. Instead, I think it's time you answer a question of mine."

"I could answer it" Terrence shrugged "But maybe I won't just to piss you off."

Noah just gave a small chuckle "I wanna know something, you're dating Raven Queen right?"

"Yeah."

"Well what does she see in you? Because I never imagined someone as beautiful as her to be with someone like you."

"And what's wrong with me?" he demanded "Is it because of my glasses? Because if you're gonna call me Four-eyed go ahead, I've been called that my whole life."

"I'm not gonna call you that. Although it is interesting to see a Charming wearing glasses, you're the only one who wears them. And not only that, your parents seem to admire your brother more, paying little attention to you as you lurk in your brother's shadow."

"If you're planning on taunting me to death, it's not gonna work" Terrence scowled "And you wanna know something? My parents regret doing that, giving all their attention to my siblings, I found out that it's the biggest mistake they've ever made. Don't ask how I know because it's a long story, but it's true."

"Really huh?" Noah remarked, "Well that's too bad, I was really looking forward to watching you continue your family suffering."

And with that he patted Terrence's thigh before getting up from his seat and going to a window where he stared out into the view. Knowing his chances of breaking free would have to wait, Terrence kept the scissors hidden in his hands, hoping that Noah would leave soon to make his escape.

________

Still at the game, Elena and Olivia continued to wait for Terrence as they watched the game, and so far, their team was not doing well, already losing to the other team and having more players sit out due to injuries.

"Oh man, this is a disaster" Olivia whined, "Look at how many players are hurt."

"We gotta do something about this" Elena declared "But Terrence still isn't here."

"Yeah what's taking him so long?"

"I don't know, he's not answering any of my texts, and now I'm starting to get worried."

She then looked down at Mira who was still on the track near the cheerleaders. And when they made eye contact, Mira gave her a confused shrug, knowing she was wondering where Terrence was too. At that point, Elena couldn't take it anymore as she made her way down the bleachers and to the rail with Olivia following.

"Is he gonna show up or what?" Mira asked.

"I don't know he's not answering any of my messages" Elena replied now worried "Olivia and I are gonna go look for him, just stay here and make sure nothing bad happens."

Mira gave a promising nod as the two headed off. After that, she turned and spotted Lydia near the edge of the bottom bleachers, not taking her concerned eyes off of her.

On the field, Aidan tried to make it past the other team with the ball in his clutches, but just when he was about to make a touchdown, one of the players from the other team knocked against him, sending him down to the ground with a thud as he fell on his shoulder with much force. After the whistle was blown, he clutched his shoulder in pain as he was helped up and led to the bleachers for a timeout.

"Dude what are we gonna do?" one of his teammates grieved "These guys are vicious, if we keep playing against them they might actually kill us."

"I don't know man" Aidan breathed while still clutching his shoulder as he turned to the scoreboard, showing that they haven't made any touchdowns.

"Hey" a voice called as he turned around to see Kayla Wren, also known as Cerise Hood, daughter of Red Riding Hood.

And to her side was her sister Ramona, daughter of the Big Bad Wolf.

"You guys need some more players?" Kayla asked, motioning herself and Ramona.

"Really?" Aidan remarked a bit surprised.

"Hey I've helped you guys win the game during Thronecoming, and now that Ramona's here, we can take them down."

They watched as Ramona cracked her knuckles with a stern look. And at that moment, Aidan gave them a small smile.

"We'll get our shoes" Ramona smirked.