Ch.22 Girl talk

After finding Nathan in a Nutcracker form, Nicole and Lauren went back to the diner where they both sat at a table with the Nutcracker in front of them.

"So uh, any ideas on how we can turn him back?" Lauren questioned.

"Well I'm gonna try to ask Elena or Mira, but with the whole trying to break the curse thing, I feel like they'll be busy."

"But that wont mean they wont stop to help."

"I'll see" she sighed "I just can't believe I forgot about him, I mean what if he can hear and see us right now? What if all he could see before this was darkness of being in their drawer, never being found until just now, he's gonna think nobody cared about him."

Lauren sat there speechless "Well uh, there's a chance he can't hear or see us right now."

Nicole gave another sigh as she looked into the Nutcracker's eyes.

"Nathan if you can hear us" she said "We are so sorry we never found you before, it's not because we don't care about you, it's because we just never got a chance. I hope you can forgive us."

"And if you can't hear us then that's totally fine" Lauren put in "And that means I'm just talking to a wooden nutcracker."

"Lauren..." Nicole gave a small snicker.

"I'm just trying to lighten the mood. But you know what? Why don't we deal with the whole if he can hear thing later and let's just try to turn him back."

"Alright, let's call them."

But as they tried to call their friends, neither of them picked up their phones.

"I knew it" Nicole muttered "They're busy."

"That doesn't mean we can't wait."

"But I don't know how long I can wait, I haven't talked to Nathan since the curse happened, and now that we finally found him, I don't think I can wait that long."

At that point Lauren gave a side smirk "You really care about him don't you?"

"What kind of a question is that?" Nicole remarked.

"I'm just saying, I never knew you were that close with Nathan, considering that he's kind of a loner."

"I know but, he was still one of my closest friends, he was even my dance partner whenever I needed one."

"Really?" Lauren smiled "Then how come I've never seen him dance before?"

"He's a little shy to dance in public cause he feels kind of awkward being a guy who knows ballet."

"So? Guys can do ballet, besides the Nutcracker is one of my favorite ballets, I love the dancing, the music, and the story, and I don't care that there's men who dance ballet, there's nothing wrong with it."

"If only Nathan knew that. He hasn't danced in public for years, he only dances if he's alone or he's with his friends."

"Oh" Lauren remarked a bit surprised "So he's danced in public before?"

"Yeah, but he was little so he didn't really care. But as he grew up, well, you get the idea."

"What a shame" she sighed "I was really looking forward to seeing him dance, and if it was with you I would of enjoyed it more."

Nicole gave a snicker "If only."

"Although I need to know, was there like, anything that happened between you two?"