Ch.98 Sword of Words

Knowing that this was it, this was the final battle between good and evil, all three girls got ready to fight when Lydia threw the first strike, blasting the two through the wall and into a large lounge area near the rails. After getting up, the two were faced with Lydia who threw a lamp at them, only for Olivia to swing her machete at the lamp, shattering it. At that moment, Elena used her magic to lift up a chair as she swung it at Lydia knocking her down.

"You know" Lydia mumbled while pulling herself up "You may be powerful, but you'll always have those weaknesses that bring you down."

"So?" Elena shrugged "Everyone has weaknesses, even you."

"Perhaps I do, but you don't know them like I know yours."

"Oh yeah? And what are they?"

"Well-" she smirked "That boyfriend of yours. Not gonna lie, he's pretty cute, and also pretty brave to fall for someone like you considering you being the daughter of the Evil Queen and all."

"Well I'm not evil, I'm confident in my own skin, that's why he fell for me."

"True, but haven't you thought of something?"

"What?"

"You all are living a story right now, a story that's being narrated by a Narrator who's reading off a script. So therefore, your 'love' with your Prince Charming isn't even real, it's just scripted."

At that point, Elena felt her heart drop.

"Elena-" Olivia spoke, "Don't listen to her."

"But it's true" Lydia continued "In fact, every couple and their 'love' is just scripted, it's not even true. Oh who am I kidding, all of these love stories aren't true, they're just words that were scribbled down on paper. We're not even part of this reality, we're all just actors wrapped in our 'lines'. Did you ever think about that?"

Elena felt her hands twitching and her heart beating rapidly.

"Elena," Olivia put her arm around her friend's shoulder "Don't listen to her, she's just trying to bring you down. If you let her, she'll win."

But Elena couldn't help but think about what Lydia had said, that every one of them are just 'actors' wrapped up in their 'lines', meaning their lives aren't even real.

"Elena, listen to me" Olivia ordered while gripping onto her shoulders and making her stare into her eyes "None of that is true, no matter how convincing it sounds. We are our own people, like everyone else, we have feelings. And even if it is true, what she said about everyone's love isn't true, true love does exist for us. And I know what you have with Terrence is real love, you guys have a healthy relationship that will last."

"I wouldn't bet on that" Lydia put in "The whole destiny thing may be a hoax, but that doesn't mean everyone will live happily ever after. Relationships can fall apart, some people just aren't mean to be together, just like in their stories. And let's not forget your story, you don't have a prince in your story, only Ms. White does, while you just rot away."

Elena clenched her fists in anger while holding her magic in.

"Elena..." Olivia warned, still clutching her shoulders.

But instead of bursting her anger out, Elena let her body relax while letting out a deep sigh as she turned to Lydia.

"You're right Lydia," she said "Relationships can fall apart, that's life. And you're right about me not having a prince in my story."

Lydia sneered while crossing her arms.

"But-" Elena added with a smirk, "I do have a king. And even though I lose him in my story, at least I know that he loves me. I may not be evil enough for my role, but I know how to love, and I do love my king. And I'm not gonna let you take my love away from me."

And with that, she blasted Lydia with her magic which sent her flying back and crashing through the wall. Now feeling more confident than ever, Elena waited for Lydia to come back as Olivia stood by her side. When she came into view, the girls saw how bruised up she was along with a cut on her forehead. Now furious, Lydia began to throw multiple objects at the girls who either ducked or used their weapons to shield themselves. That is until a large thick book slammed against Olivia's face which caused her to tumble back and against the rail hard causing it to shift.

Seeing how it was close to breaking, she moved away from the rail and got up just as Lydia had thrown another book which this time she was able to duck. For a while, the battle consisted of Lydia throwing whatever she can at the girls since she wasn't able to control them.

"It sucks not be able to control us huh?" Elena taunted.

"I might not be able to control you" Lydia scowled "But I can still do this."

And with that, stomped her foot on the ground as a powerful blast knocked them over. While they were still on the floor, Lydia stomped her foot again as they rolled around to avoid getting hit. When they were able to get back up, Lydia turned her head to a nearby tiger statue as she used her powers to make it move. Knowing what was about to happen, Elena and Olivia stood back in fear as they watched Lydia make the statue come alive as it began to growl at them.

"Run!" Elena screamed as they off running with the tiger after them.

________

Outside the school, Brooke stepped as she watched the fight of her friends against the ghosts that just kept coming.

"Brooke," Destiny went up to her "You have to go inside and stop Lydia."

"What?" she gasped.

"You have the tool that can destroy her."

"How the hell is my quill going to destroy her?"

"Remember what I said, the pen is mightier than the sword."

"I know but, I don't understand how that's-".

All of a sudden, she noticed the quill in her hand beginning to transform. Wondering what was happening, she watched with amazement as the quill formed a sword, but this didn't look like any other sword, this one was made entirely out of words, just like Shadow High and the Lost Library.

"What the?" she gasped astonished.

"The Sword of Words" Destiny revealed "The only weapon that can destroy Lydia. Now go in there, and put an end to her."

"By myself?"

"Of course not, Elena and Olivia are in there, they'll need all the help they can get."

Now that she knew her friends were in there, Brooke gripped the sword tightly as she gave Destiny a promising nod, knowing she wouldn't fail her.