Ch.55 Training

I knew I wanted to use this song for this chapter :)

Now that everyone had agreed to join, they all lined up in front of Destiny to receive their weapons. Once they did, they all spread out across the school to begin their training.

________

The gym was where all the archers practiced their shooting. Scott, who was the best-known archer fired his arrow as it hit the center of the target. But for Rachel Fox, also known as C.A Cupid, adopted daughter of Eros, she was still practicing her shooting as her arrow hit the area right above the bullseyes.

"You're getting there" her boyfriend Andy remarked, "Just keep practicing."

She stood back as she watched him fire his arrow at the target as it hit the center. She frowned with jealousy, but he just snickered while nudging her arm.

On the other side of the gym, Kendell Smith, also known as Sparrow Hood, son of Robin Hood, drew back his arrow and aimed at the target, he fired as the arrow hit the bullseyes, but not quite in the center. Besides him, his girlfriend Stella Johnson, also known as Poppy O'Hair, daughter of Rapunzel gave a smirk while pulling out a sharp pair of silver scissors. After aiming, she threw the scissors towards the target as it went right into the center of the bullseyes.

"Show off" he grunted as she just laughed.

________

With their swords in their hands, the Charming's entered the center of the school as they all stood apart.

"How come you got Excalibur?" Darling asked Aidan.

"Because I'm the eldest" he replied with a smirk "And this sword was pretty much made for me."

"Yeah but you got the coolest sword, I think it's the most powerful one."

"Uh, in case you forgot Darling, you're holding Mulan's sword which can be used to block magic. And not to mention Terrence here is wielding the very same sword that Elena used in the final battle which by the way, kind of like Mulan's sword, can ignore magic attacks."

"Can we all just agree all of our swords are cool?" Brenden Lawrence, also known as Alistair Wonderland, son of Alice entered while gripping the Vorpal Sword.

"Oh yeah?" Aidan snickered "What does your sword do?"

"It's the Vorpal Sword" he replied while running his fingers near the blade "Which I used to slice the Jabberwock's head off."

"It's true" Darling nodded "I saw it happen."

"Do you guys even remember how to use a sword?" they turned around to see someone coming out from the shadow.

"Surely you all must remember" she smirked.

"Cari" Darling smiled at the daughter of the Smoking Caterpillar "It's been a while since we've seen you."

"And I'm here to help you all prepare" she replied, "I'm quite handy with a sword myself, however-".

She reached behind her and began to pull a katana from the case she had on her back.

"I prefer a katana."

"Whoa" Aidan breathed with amusement.

"So" Cari smirked, "Who wants to go against me first?"

________

Down a hallway, with a stack of rubbish between them, Chase and Ilene stood far from the girl in front of them who rested a bat on her shoulders with her eye makeup that consisted of purple and pink was smeared down on both sides.

"Remind me again why you're makeup looks like Harley Quinn?" Ilene asked her.

"Because-" Courtly Jester, daughter of the Joker card grinned "It's the apocalypse, we can do anything we want. And even if it wasn't the apocalypse, I always rock this look, because a joker can be anything she wants."

"And you sure you wanna use that bat of yours?" Chase questioned.

"Hey, this is the perfect opportunity to use my Harley Quinn bat, so bring it on you guys."

"Alright," Ilene smirked as she threw an empty soda can at Courtly who used her bat to hit it.

"Come on" Courtly urged "I'm up for a challenge."

"Well then-" Chase grinned as he turned to Ilene "Let's throw at the same time."

She nodded as they began to throw more rubbish at her, and like before, Courtly used her bat to knock them all away before they could get to her.

"Damn," Ilene remarked amused "I'm impressed."

"Keep going" Courtly ordered with a smile "I'm having fun already."

________

For the rest of the day, everyone was busy training. And as soon as night fell, they were all tired but feeling great at the same time. Since there was barely anywhere to sleep, everyone had to spread out across the cafeteria as blankets and pillows were handed out.

"This is like one big sleepover" Olivia snickered as she and Elena sat against a wall with pillows behind them "Expect there's no movie, and it's during a crisis."

"Well we might as well get used to this" Elena responded dully "There's so mattress to lay on, so we're gonna have to sleep like homeless people."

"I'm fine with that" Christina suddenly said from nearby "I've done it before, I can do it again."

"I'll keep watch" Destiny offered "You guys try to get some sleep."

Everyone began to spread out either on the floor or snuggled up against each other as they tried to get some sleep.

"Let's just hope we'll be alive for tomorrow" Elena sighed.

Meanwhile, outside the school, Lydia and Noah stood in front of the school, knowing they couldn't get any closer due to the protection spell.

"They do realize they can't stay inside forever right?" Noah stated.

"Oh they know that" Lydia nodded "They're just waiting for the moment to leave the school."

"And when will that be?"

"Patients brother, it'll be soon, well, more like tomorrow perhaps."

He smirked, "You've got an idea don't you?"

 "Of course I do. You see, all they need is something bring them out, and that's when we make our move."

"Like what? We can't go in there, nothing can except for them."

"I know, the school may be darkness proof, but there is one thing it's not proof of."