Ch.79 Wonderland dragon

Still in the waiting room, the Wonderland girls kept talking to each other while resting their bodies when they suddenly heard Brenden's screams coming from the halls.

"Brenden?!" Christina called with a worried look.

"Run!" they heard his scream as he ran out from the halls with the Jabberwock behind him who let out a loud roar while breaking bits of the walls off with its wings.

"Is that the Jabberwock?!" Lauren gasped as they got out from their seats and tried to run out when the dragon flew in front of them blocking their way.

With their long lost enemy back, the Wonderlandians felt their fears of the beast coming back as the Jabberwock crawled onto the floor towards them while growling.

"Anyone got any ideas?" Ilene gulped.

"I do" Amanda spoke as she teleported onto the back of the Jabberwock as she slammed her sledgehammer onto its head as it roared out in pain.

Even though it didn't kill him, it at least created a distraction for everyone to run off as they tried to run out the door, only to trip over the dragon's tail which caught his attention as he threw Amanda off his head.

"Hey!" Brenden suddenly called out as he got up and stepped away from the girls while shouting at the Jabberwock "Remember me?! The one who sliced off your head!"

Without hesitating, the Jabberwock growled while charging after Brenden who ran off and down the hall.

"Brenden!" the girls screamed in terror.

As he ran down the hall, Brenden could feel the dragon's breath on him as he entered an opened area when the Jabberwock threw bits of the wall at him as he ducked, but that's when the Jabberwock threw his fist against the boy which knocked him across the floor as his Vorpal Sword slid out of his hand. He tried to reach for it, but the Jabberwock had placed his paw on top of him as he held him there strongly. Failing to pry the paw off him, Brenden felt the fear running through his blood as the Jabberwock raised its head above him while opening his jaw.

But just when he thought he was a goner, Brenden suddenly heard the dragon crying out in pain as he turned to see that Courtly had slammed her bat onto the Jabberwock's toes. With his attention now turned to her, the Jabberwock took his paw off of Brenden and swung his tail at her as she quickly ducked.

"Hey ugly!" he turned his head to Ilene "You like to play cards?!"

And with that, she threw one of her bladed playing cards at the dragon which went straight into one of its eyes as it gave a loud roar.

"Wow, nice hit" Lauren commented.

But after taking the card out of his eye, the Jabberwock roared right into their faces causing them to tumble back from the force. At that moment, Brenden had retrieved his sword and took a swing at the dragon, slicing it across a section of its body. When the Jabberwock turned his head to the boy, the girls all decided to attack one by one to keep the beast distracted. So when the dragon turned to Brenden, Lauren plunged one of her knives into the dragon's leg as he turned to her and tried to snap her when she jumped out of the way.

At that point, even though she knew it wouldn't do much, Christina used the sharp end of her croquet mallet to plunge it into the Jabberwock's other leg. Now this time, when he had his attention turned to her, Brenden ran under the dragon's chest and with his sword, he drove it straight into the Jabberwock's heart as the dragon once again roared out in agony, louder than before as Brenden ran out of the way to allow the Jabberwock to fall forward.

Now motionless, everyone let out sighs of relief while gathering around the body.

"Damn" Ilene breathed "Never thought I'd see this guy again."

"Yeah," Brenden agreed, "I thought I was gonna get another scar."

"Well," Courtly spoke while nudging the body with her foot "He's dead now... again."

At that moment, a thought came to Christina as her eyes widen.

"Oh damn," she muttered.

"What?" everyone questioned.

"If the Jabberwock came even though he was already dead, what if we run into some other enemies that were once dead?"

Hearing that made everyone's hearts drop.

"Oh crap" Brenden breathed with shock "You could be right. Now that we know the Jabberwock was able to come here, who knows what other enemies we can run into."

________

On the imaginary train, everyone waited anxiously to arrive at Shadow High as they tried not to think of anything negative. But even though their thoughts would most likely come to life and ruin their train ride, they just couldn't keep their thoughts to themselves.

"What do you think is happening right now in Storybrooke?" Terrence suddenly asked.

"Probably a battle" Mira guessed "Oh damn, I just thought of a battle."

"Don't worry," Olivia replied, "I used my imagination to create a barrier on this train, that way whatever you guys imagine, it won't harm us."

At that point, something blasted against the barrier around the train as they looked through the windows to see a battle going on. A battle with ghostly people that were fighting with swords, arrows, and even cannonballs that hit against the barrier.

"Wow," Mira remarked amusedly "Nice thinking Olivia."

"I'm surprised I never thought of that before" she replied with a smirk.

"So uh-" Terrence spoke, "Do you know how long until we make it?"

"It shouldn't be any longer, we should be close."

"So what are we gonna do once we get there?" David asked, "Not only do we have to stop Lydia and get Elena back, but we still have to save Brooke and her friends."

"We know," Olivia nodded "That's why Terrence and I are gonna find Elena while you and Mira go find Brooke, and also get the items if you can."

"You sure about that?" Mira questioned, "What if you guys run into Lydia?"

"We'll figure something out, and besides, I'm still wearing the Key of Great Power."

"But Terrence isn't."

"Like I said, we'll think of something. In the meantime, we're here."

The train came to a stop as everyone got off and onto the island. And by the looks of it, everyone was already getting chills as they stared at the dark building made of words.

"Here we are" Olivia announced "Shadow High."