Ch.5 Shattered glass

Quick announcement: I wanted to say that I just got accepted into the college I wanted to go to, and because of that, pretty soon I'm gonna have to focus on getting ready for it. But of course I'll still be writing this story and hopefully more until August when I'll have to go to school. I don't know I'll see.

After changing into some proper clothing that was made for the jungle, Elena and Olivia gathered in their living room as Elena held up Destiny's diary.

"Alright" she turned to Olivia "You ready to do this?"

"I got the bug spray" she replied while holding up some bug spray.

"Okay" Elena breathed as she looked down at the spell and froze.

"You okay?" Olivia asked.

"Yeah um-" she mumbled "It's just, what if whatever this bad thing is happens while we're gone? What if we don't even come back?"

"Elena don't say that, of course we'll come back. We've done it before, we can do it again."

"But what about this bad thing that could happen? What if it happens while we're gone, and if we do come back- well-" she sighed while rubbing her forehead "I don't know."

"Hey" Olivia put her hand on her shoulder "Whatever happens we'll fix it, because in case you haven't noticed from our past battles, we're pretty much unstoppable."

"Unless this battle may be our final one, and not in a good way."

"Okay stop doubting yourself" she ordered "We can worry about this later. Right now let's just get this Golden Gorilla and make it back in one piece."

Elena took a deep sigh before replying "Fine."

She held the book up to the spell as they gripped each others hands as she began to chant the spell.

Search beyond

Deep and far

Take us to the land

Full of scars

Show us the gold

To save our world

Help us through

So our stories remain told

And with that they closed their eyes as they felt the magic working. Gripping each others hands tightly, they held on as they continued to listen to the sound of the magic working. It didn't take long until the sound stopped, and instead of it being quiet, they could hear the sounds of birds squawking, monkeys cheering, and insects chirping. When they opened their eyes, they found themselves in a jungle just as they thought, but they were also in front of what appeared to be some kind of old obstacle course.

"Whoa" Olivia breathed "Is this an obstacle course?"

"I think so" Elena replied when she looked ahead and spotted something on the other side of the course that caught her eye as she gasped and pointed "Look!"

They looked ahead where they spotted something shimmering in the sun, standing on a piece of stone appeared to be the Golden Gorilla.

"Oh my God" Olivia gasped "There it is."

"Okay" Elena spoke "Looks like we're gonna have to go through this obstacle course in order to get it, and by the looks of this, we may likely lose a limb or two."

"Oh God" Olivia's eyes widen "Where's Tarzan when you need him?"

"Now that I think of it, I think we're on our own for this one."

Olivia gave a nervous whine while feeling her legs wobble.

"I know" Elena sighed "I was really hoping to see that hunky body of his. But hey, we are not damsels in distress, we can do this."

"You're right" Olivia agreed in a nod "So uh, how are we suppose to start?"

"I have no idea."

_________

Somewhere in the Fairytale world, Destiny arrived at the cave that contained the large Sand Clock. With it's golden sand flowing down the bottom, she went up to the massive object and noticed the large crack in the glass. Not knowing how it had gotten there in the first place, all she could do was hope that it will hold, but at the same time she saw how little sand was left at the top, fearing that it will be out sooner than she thought.

"You know there's nothing you can do right?" she turned around to see a young guy dressed in old clothing along with a tan hood "Once Lydia gains her power again, you'll be weak."

"If you're here to break the Sand Clock-" she scowled while positioning herself in front of the clock while gripping her staff "I wont allow it."

"Of course you wont" he smirked "Although there isn't really a point on doing that, it's going to run out of time anyway, and there's nothing you can do about it."

"I may not being able to do anything, but the heroes will."

"Tell that to Lydia, once she gains her power again, there will be no stopping her."

"There's always a way" she frowned "The heroes will find it."

"You mean if they find it" he put in "I admit these heroes are clever, but are they clever enough against Lydia?"

"I know they are."

"Well then" he sneered while picking up a large rock "Let's find out shall we?"

Before Destiny could have a chance to react, he threw the rock above her as it hit against the jagged stones that were above the Sand Clock. And due to the strong hit, they began to rumble, and just like that the larger one began to crack. Destiny tried to use her staff to stop it, but another rock was thrown at her staff, causing it to slip out of her hand and the blue orb on top shattered against the stone floor.

"No!" she screamed while knelling down at the shattered pieces of the orb.

But her focus on the orb quickly went back to the Sand Clock as she watched in horror as the larger piece of the jagged stone cracked off from the ceiling and fell straight down onto the Sand Clock, shattering it into pieces just like her orb. Glass bits and sand flew everywhere as Destiny shielded her eyes while feeling the tremor beneath her body.

"Now let's see what those heroes have to say when Lydia comes?" the guy smirked.

"You want get away with this Noah" Destiny growled while clutching her broken staff.

"Oh it doesn't matter if I get away with it, what matters is Lydia will."

And with that he walked out the cave as it began to crumble down. Knowing she couldn't be in any longer, Destiny gathered up as much as she can of her broken orb and ran out of the cave just as it collapsed. When she made it out, she turned around to see nothing but piles of rocks. But now she knew that the Sand Clock was destroyed, meaning Lydia and apocalypse are now heading towards Storybrooke.