Ch.85 Salt defense

Needing a place to hide for a moment, Meeshell and her friends found themselves on the beach where they hid behind some boulders as some of the crew members tried to find them.

"We gotta do something" Nolan whispered, "They could find us here."

"Don't worry" Meeshell whispered back, "I've got a plan, I just gotta wait until they reach the water."

"Can't I just throw them in the water?" Coral asked.

"You can but, I've got a better idea."

They peered over the boulders as the crew members got closer to the water while looking around.

"Here we go" Meeshell grinned as she held her hand out towards the water, and using her mermaid powers, she flipped her hand as a large wave began to form.

Seeing that the wave has caught the crew members' attention, she enlarged the wave as it began to tower over them. Knowing they were in trouble, they tried to run, only for Meeshell to send the wave down on them, coating the section of the beach as it sank back into the water with the crew members gone.

"Huh," Coral remarked, "I guess that was a better idea."

Seeing that they were now safe, they all came out from behind the boulders and stood in front of the water.

"I miss going back into the water" Meeshell confessed, "This apocalypse is keeping me on land too long."

"Same," Coral agreed with a sigh.

"You guys can go in if you want" Nolan offered.

"I would but, I kinda don't trust going into the water at this moment" Meeshell opinionated, "I feel like it's not safe."

"Yeah, what if there's like some sea monster in there?" Coral put in.

"Oh, right" Nolan admitted.

All of a sudden, they began to see bubbles forming in the water.

"Whoa what's going on?" he questioned with interest.

"I don't know" Meeshell replied confused as the bubbled got larger.

Fearing that it was some kind of sea monster, they stood back as something large emerged from the water, only to see that it wasn't a monster, but a submarine. Seeing how the submarine looked familiar, they watched as the top door swung opened to reveal someone who was also familiar to them.

"Sorry we're late!" he called out with a smile.

"Captain Nemo!" Nolan called back with a smile as well "I didn't think you would show up!"

"Well traveling from realm to realm through water is not very easy, but we made it!"

"And thank you for that! We could use all the help!"

"Well lucky for you guys, me men are I are here to help. Now, would you guys like some harpoons?"

"Yes please!" Meeshell and Coral raised their hands.

_________

Ducking behind the counter of her bakery, Tara began to snack on some cookies while keeping a watch for anything that could enter. All of this fighting was making her lose some energy, and eating sweets were the only way to keep her energy level alerted, even if it was bad for her body, she needed to keep herself up. But as she was eating the cookies, she suddenly heard footsteps entering as she quickly grabbed onto a knife and sprang up with her knife raised, only to see that it wasn't an enemy, but instead, it was Dylan.

"Tara it's me!" he jumped by the sight of her knife.

"Oh!" she responded surprised while lowering her knife "Sorry Dylan."

"It's fine," he breathed "Um, can I hide in here real quick?"

"Oh uh, sure."

She scooted over as he hid behind the counter as they both took a seat on the floor.

"Cookie?" she offered him a cookie in her hand.

"Sure what the heck?" he shrugged before taking it "So um, you tired?"

"Yeah" she breathed "I just want this war to end."

"Same," he agreed while taking a bite of his cookie "Wow, this is good."

"Thanks," she smiled "It's the only thing that's keeping me happy in this hell hole."

"I can see why" he smirked while taking another bite.

Even though she would usually get butterflies when she was near her crush, Tara felt surprisingly comfortable near Dylan as she continued to talk.

"So uh-" she began, "You still into Macy or...?"

"To be honest," he sighed, "I don't think I am anymore. I mean it's clear she's not into me, and I guess I'll just have to live with that. Besides, I need to focus on other things, like graduation even though it's most likely not going to happen if this war keeps going on, and also focus on this battle and breaking this curse."

"True," she nodded.

She was about to say something else when they suddenly heard footsteps entering the bakery. Clutching their weapons, they slowly peeked over the counter to see a hooded figure looking around the bakery. Already knowing who it was, Tara pulled Dylan back down behind the counter as she quietly opened a cabinet and pulled out a container of salt as she began to pour some into her hand.

"What are you doing?" Dylan whispered confused.

"Something that needs to be done" she whispered back.

Hearing the footsteps heading towards them, they stayed quiet until the footsteps suddenly stopped. With their hearts racing, they waited until the figure looked down behind the counter and spotted them, only for Tara to throw the salt into its face as it cried out in pain while tumbling back. At that moment, Tara and Dylan came out from their hiding spot as they stood in front of the figure with their weapons.

"Hello Candy Witch" she scowled as the figure removed her hood to reveal her haft burned face while wiping the salt off.

"How did you know it was me?" the witch growled.

"My bakery may have lost its sweet scent, but I can still smell sugar and cooked flesh on you."

The witch gave a snicker "You've got a strong nose Ms. Breadhouse."

"And an even stronger urge to put you back in the oven again."

The witch gave a mocking laugh while standing up as they aimed their weapons at her.

"Like those will stop me?" she doubted with a smirk while turning to Dylan as she pointed to the large scissors "What are you gonna do with that redhead? Snip me in haft?"

She began to laugh again as Dylan leaned in and used the scissors to snip off her finger as she let out a scream.

"In case you don't know-" he frowned "These are the Scissorman's scissors."

With the witch distracted by her severed finger, Tara sent a hard kick to her stomach as she crashed back into the tables as they both ran out, knowing they would most likely see her again.