Ch.99 Window crash

Nobody knew how long it's been since the battle started, and as time passed, nothing seemed to die down. Now that everyone knew about them close to vanishing thanks to Amanda's news, they were growing more scared than ever. But they kept on fighting as much as they could because if they were going to disappear, they might as well die heroes. All around, everyone noticed certain parts of their bodies were fading, it always started on the left hand which then made its way down the arm. Seeing how they were close to their 'deaths', they all stayed close together, not wanting to be apart if their time does come.

From above, Natalie, Danielle, and Rachel could see how close they were getting to Shadow High. Once they reach it, it'll be the end.

________

Still on the run from the tiger statue that had come to life, Elena and Olivia ran down multiple halls until they found themselves back in the large lounge where they turned around to see the tiger prowling towards them while growing with its teeth shown. As they backed away and into the rail, Elena suddenly got an idea as she turned to Olivia.

"On my signal, we move out of the way" she whispered.

"Why?"

"Just do it."

They watched as the tiger got into position to jump.

"Now!" Elena shouted as they ran out of the way just as the tiger tried to jump on them.

But when they move, it flew past them and over the rail as it began to fall three stories until it fell to the floor and shattered into a million clay pieces.

"Clever" Lydia grunted while storming towards them with a pile of flying junk following her.

As she got closer, she began throwing the junk at them as they began to run while dodging the thrown items. When they finally came to a stop, Elena had used her magic against the junk until they were all gone. Now getting more furious by the second, Lydia sent a strong blast against them which sent them flying back and crashing into some shelves. Before they could even get up, they felt Lydia gripping onto their shirt collars as she yanked them up and pushed them into the wall hard.

"I've had enough of this" she growled before using her power to break a wall mirror into shards and she held the shards in front of the two girls who froze with horror in their eyes "I'm ending this."

But right before she could send the shards on them, the girls were suddenly shocked when a vase was thrown at Lydia's head which knocked her down as the shards dropped. Wondering who had thrown the vase, they looked up and were even more shocked to see Brooke from afar while the Sword of Words in her hand.

"Brooke?!" they gasped.

"Hey girls" she waved with a smile just as Lydia let out a moan while starting to get up.

Olivia and Elena quickly stood up and ran away from the Lydia and towards Brooke.

"I can't believe you're still alive!" they exclaimed while wrapping their arms around her.

"You've gotten so skinny!" Olivia observed.

"Yeah I know" Brooke replied as they pulled away "Now we can have time to reunite, but right now-".

She pointed to Lydia who had gotten up while rubbing the back of her head.

"We've got a bitch to deal with."

Before Lydia could use her powers on them, Elena sent a strong blast at her which sent her flying back and crashing into a wall near a window. 

"I've got this" Brooke declared as she marched over to Lydia with the sword.

But before she could use the sword, Lydia suddenly charged at her and knocked her down while yelling with anger. Now on the floor with Lydia on top of her, Brooke turned her head to avoid a punch from Lydia as she gripped onto both of her wrists and twisted them back hard as Lydia cried out in pain. At that point, Brooke shot up and banged her head against Lydia's as she threw her off her.

Once she got back up, Brooke didn't pick up the sword as she sent a kick to Lydia's stomach as she tumbled back and into the window. At that moment, Brooke got an idea as she looked up to see a small chandelier hanging from the ceiling by a strong chain. Now knowing what to do, she let out a loud angry growl while running and jumping up to grab onto the chandelier with both hands. And just as Lydia saw what was happening, Brooke swung herself at Lydia while using both of her legs to kick her back hard as she crashed right through the window.

Elena and Olivia stood there in shock by what Brooke just did. They could hear Lydia's scream from outside as she listened to her fall followed by a loud splash. At that point, they hurried to the window and looked out to see that she had fallen into the unmaking lava.

"Holy crap" Elena muttered, still feeling the surprising energy rushing through her.

"Come on" Brooke ordered while picking up the sword "I know how to finish her off."

Rushing down the stairs and out the school, the girls made their way to where Lydia had fallen as she stood on the shore and waited. Soon, a ghostly hand shot out from the lava followed by the body. The girls stood back to avoid getting splashed by the lava as Lydia pulled herself towards shore where she fell to her knees and hands on the shore. She looked just like how they saw her for the first time, dull, ghostly, and made entirely of words.

"There's the Ms. Direction we know" Elena smirked.

"No" Lydia gasped while holding her hands in front of her "It can't be."

"I'm afraid so" Olivia stated as Lydia clenched her fists.

"I will not be thrown down by an amateur Narrator and two pathetic princesses" she growled.

"Actually-" Elena put in "I'm not a princess, I'm a queen."

And with that, Brooke stood in front of them while aiming the sword at Lydia.

"You've messed with the wrong bitches" she scowled before plunging the Sword of Words straight through Lydia's chest.

After taking the sword out, the girl stood back as they watched as Lydia let out a high pitch scream that made them cover their ears as she began to glow brightly. Squinting their eyes from the brightness, they continued to watch as Lydia kept screaming until her whole body exploded with shine. Pretty soon, her screams had died down, and when the girls opened their eyes, all they saw in front of them was a pile of ashes made out of words.