Ch.87 Shards and thorns

"It's been what- how long we've last seen each other?" Jafar sneered as he turned to Darling "I remember seeing you down there, I'm still surprised that you managed to find your brother and leave the Underworld."

"There's a lot of things I can do that will surprise you" she frowned "And one of them is that I'm willing to murder you right now."

"Well-" he chuckled "Someone's in a brutal mood."

"You guys go" Whisp ordered "Gigi and I will deal with him."

"You sure you wanna do that?" Jafar challenged.

"We've taken you down before, we can do it again."

"You girls didn't do anything, I was foolish enough to drink from that grail. But there's no grail around, so that means I'll be easier to kill you both."

At that point, Whisp blasted her magic at him as he went flying back and into a building.

"Go now" she ordered the Wonderlandians.

Having no other choice, the Wonderlandians left the scene as the genie sisters faced the sorcerer who had gotten back up.

"Well this should be fun" he puffed with a grin.

After leaving the scene, the Wonderlandians stopped down a sidewalk while peeking to see what was happening between the sisters and Jafar.

"You think they can handle him on their own?" Christina asked nervously.

"I think Whisp can" Brenden opinionated "But I'm not sure about Gigi, she doesn't have magic like Whisp does."

"Well she does have a machete" Amanda put in "So at least she's armed."

"Yeah but, can she really go up against him?"

"I'm gonna have to agree with him" Chase suddenly admitted "Jafar is a very powerful sorcerer, remember all the terrible things he did to us back in Wonderland? He nearly killed us, and he actually killed Brenden, in front of Alice's eyes!"

"We were able to bring him back" Lauren reminded.

"Yeah but still, Gigi and Whisp can't handle him on their own, they're gonna need help."

"But Whisp told us to leave" Ilene stated.

"But that doesn't mean we should listen" Darling declared "We gotta help them at some point."

"You know who I think should help them?" Courtly spoke up "Cari."

"Oh yeah" Ilene agreed as her face lit up "She's fought against Jafar before, and she kicked his ass."

"But where is she?" Christina questioned, "I haven't seen her around."

"Me neither" Lauren added, "Where did she go?"

"We'll find her later" Brenden assured, "In the meantime-".

All of a sudden, everyone's ears caught the sound of something that sounded like glass breaking and wind.

"Is anyone hearing the sound of breaking glass?" Amanda asked puzzled "But windier?"

"Why does that sound familiar?" Ilene questioned while thinking.

As the sound got louder, Lauren suddenly gasped when she finally realized what it was.

"Oh God" her eyes widen.

"What?" everyone asked.

But before she could answer, everyone felt the wind getting stronger from one direction as they turned to see something that looked like a small tornado, but there was something different about it, inside the blowing winds were millions of mirror shards, and they were heading in their direction.

"Shardstorm!" Lauren screamed, "Run!"

They took off down the sidewalk away from the Shardstorm, already feeling the bits of mirror shards at their heels.

________

All alone, Macy ran up to the 'Dream Inn' motel where she hurried inside and shut the door. Needing to get away from the battle for a moment to rest her body, she took deep breaths while slumping down on the couch of the lounge. After setting her mace down, all she wanted to do was close her eyes and sleep. Her eyes were already tired as she felt them closing, and even though she should stay up and be alert, she let her eyes close, knowing that her magic touch should be able to wake her when she hears something coming.

She quickly drifted off into sleep, already hearing the nearby noises that filled up her ears. From screams to explosions to running footsteps, everything sounded exactly like war. That is until she suddenly heard something out of the ordinary, something that sounded like creaking wood followed by the sound of something moving swiftly. 

Already awake, Macy grabbed her mace and listened to the sound as it got closer while getting off the couch. All of a sudden, there was silence, but Macy knew something was up. Gripping her mace so tightly that her knuckles were white, she was ready to swing at whatever would pop up. And that's when she heard a crash from behind as she turned around to see a creature she had almost forgotten about.

The Thorn monster that had attacked her during Thronecoming looked as sinister as it did during the special holiday. Covered in briar thorns and roses, the monster crept towards her as she didn't hesitate to swing her mace across its face as it cried out in pain. Needing to get out, she tried to run to the door, only to be blocked when the Thorn monster blocked her path, creating briars around the doors to prevent her escape. But that didn't stop her from taking another swing at the monster, and then another.

She knew this monster wasn't going to give up until she was dead, so using all the rage that was building up in her, she kept swinging her mace at the monster when she then ducked to avoid its strike. Now low to the floor, she crawled under the monster and up to the door where she used her mace to break the briars away. But just when she pulled the door opened, she suddenly felt something sharp wrap around her ankle as she looked down to see that it was a briar vine. She then felt herself being pulled to the floor and away from the door as she turned around to see the Thorn monster pulling her towards it by the vine. 

Macy tried to use her mace against it, but her fall had made her drop her only weapon. She then tried to grab onto something, but the briars were around her painfully that it was all she could think of. But just when she got closer to the monster, something blasted it with magic as the vine unraveled around Macy's ankle. More blasts were shot at the Thron monster until it scattered away. Macy didn't even bother to see who had saved her when she noticed that the briar thorns had cut deeply into her ankle and blood began to stain her jeans.

"Macy you okay?" Natalie hurried to her side with a worried look.

"Not really" she winched when the fairy noticed the blood.

"Oh God" her eyes widen as she helped her friend up.

"Ow," Macy cringed while hopping on her other leg as Natalie supported her balance "Thanks for the save by the way."

"No problem, let's just get you fixed."

"It's pretty ironic how I was attacked by the very same thing I was named after."

"I know" Natalie snickered.