Ch.100 Brave sacrifice

Wow, 100 chapters?!

Lydia's destruction caused a great deal to everyone, all of the ghosts up front had vanished, and so had all the enemies in Storybrooke, but even though nobody had to fight anymore, the students were beginning to disappear more as their town got closer to Shadow High.

But now that Lydia was out of the picture, the girls felt a huge relief rushing through them as Elena and Olivia turned to Brooke who's sword had turned back into her quill.

"I guess the pen is mightier than the sword" she concluded.

"That was amazing," Elena remarked astonishingly "How did your quill do that?"

"I got a little help from Destiny" she smirked.

"Well I can't believe Lydia is actually gone" Olivia confessed, "I know we haven't known her that long but, I feel like we've learned so much from her."

"Yeah," Elena agreed "And one lesson is to be careful who your trust."

"True" Brooke nodded "But look, we can talk about this later, but right now, we've got a chisel to put back."

"Oh right."

When they hurried to the front, they didn't see any more ghosts as they ran up to their friends.

"Elena!" Mira gasped "Are you girls okay?"

"We're fine" Elena assured, "Where's the chisel?"

"Right here" Delilah held it up.

"Okay-" Brooke spoke up, "We need to climb up that volcano and put the chisel back into the slot, so who's climbing the volcano?"

Elena turned to Mira and Olivia.

"You guys want to do this again?" she asked.

"Let's go" Mira replied with a smile.

With the chisel in Elena's hand, the girls made their way to the back of the school where they began to climb the volcano that was also made out words. Since the volcano was so steep, they had to climb up using their hands as well to pull themselves up.

"Damn it's hard to climb with one hand" Elena grunted while still gripping the chisel in her hand.

"Put it in your pocket" Olivia suggested just as her foot slipped on a ROCK as she nearly fell back while she grabbed onto a CRUST to steady herself "I'm fine."

As they climbed closer to the top, they all began to feel the heat from the lava onto their skin, and as they got closer, they could already feel themselves start to sweat.

"This heat" Olivia breathed with exhaustion as she rests against a CRUST "I need to rest for a moment."

"Go ahead" Elena offered as she and Mira continued up until they reached the top.

It was so much hotter at the top that Elena could feel her shirt getting drenched with her sweat. When she looked over the lip, she could see the pool of unmaking lava where some of it was pouring out the volcano on the other side. And there in the center of the lava was a white stone surrounded by boulders with a little slot in the middle for the chisel to be placed.

"There it is" Elena breathed out as she turned to Mira "Do you remember how we got to the boulders in the first place?"

"Well um-" Mira was about to explain when Olivia suddenly called out.

"Guys!" she shouted from below with her back against the volcano while pointing ahead "You might wanna take a look at this!"

They turned around and were in full shock when they saw all the realms that were getting pulled towards the school. Storybrooke was in the lead, they could see all the trees and buildings that were getting close.

"Oh God" Mira's eyes widen.

"You guys have to hurry" they turned to see Destiny on top of the volcano near them "If Storybrooke reaches Shadow High, everyone will vanish, they're already close to it."

"Wait what?" Elena gasped.

"Have a look" she pointed to Mira with a sad look.

Mira looked down and couldn't believe her eyes when she saw that her left arm was completely transparent.

"What's happening?" Olivia gasped.

"She's disappearing" Destiny exclaimed gloomily "It's happening to everyone in Storybrooke, the closer they get to Shadow High, the closer they get to disappearing."

They couldn't believe their ears as they looked down at themselves and saw that parts of their left arms were beginning to vanish as they gripped onto the volcano with their one good arms. With the chisel in her right hand, Elena kept a stronghold of the volcano with her arm as sweat dripped down her forehead from the heat.

"It's like what your dad told us back at Ever After" she mumbled to Destiny "If we don't follow our destinies, we'll disappear."

"Looks like it's really happening now" Olivia added sadly.

"Please hurry" Destiny begged before disappearing.

"Okay-" Elena breathed, already feeling her arm soaring from holding onto the volcano "Here's what I'm gonna do, I'll teleport to the boulders and put the chisel back, I think I still got some energy left."

But just as she tried to pull herself up some more, she suddenly slipped back and looked down to see that her entire left leg was disappearing.

"Oh no," she muttered nervously as she hoisted herself up as much as she could "This is gonna be harder than I thought."

Down in front of the school, everyone, even Brooke noticed that they were starting to disappear as well. And as soon as it got to their legs, they all collapsed on the ground while still fighting to stay alive.

"Please hurry you guys" Brooke begged.

Still gripping on top of the volcano, Elena and Olivia were starting to disappear more than Mira, but they kept on fighting while Elena kept holding onto the chisel.

"I have to put the chisel back" she breathed, feeling that her sore arm might fall off.

At that moment, Mira couldn't take it anymore as she snatched the chisel from Elena. Before Elena could even react, Mira had used whatever energy she had left to teleport to the boulders.

"Mira?" Elena gasped "What are you doing?!"

"What does it look like I'm doing?!" she shouted back while leaning against the white rock since most of her body was starting to vanish.

"Mira no!" Olivia screamed out "If you do it you'll die!"

Mira knew she wasn't kidding, remembering that the first time she put the chisel back when she was in her true form, she did in fact disappear. The same thing happened years ago to a hero Narrator who sacrificed himself to save everyone after putting the chisel back, and he was never seen again. But even though she was brought back, she had a feeling it wasn't going to happen again. But she didn't care, she knew that everyone was disappearing, and they'll be gone forever if they reach Shadow High. She knew what she had to do, and as she looked up at Elena and Olivia who both watched with teary eyes while feeling themselves fade, Mira knew she was ready for the ultimate sacrifice.

"I love you" she whispered as she placed the chisel back into the slot.