Ch.35 Bad feelings

During lunchtime, sitting at their usual table, Elena discussed to Olivia about what Noah had told her and Terrence earlier about his suggestion of having a football game.

"A football game?" Olivia remarked, "Wow, really?"

"He said that he and his crew are willing to play against us" Elena explained, "And he sounded really cheery about it."

"Well that's odd."

"Tell me about it" she agreed "Although Terrence and I feel like there's something more to this 'football game'."

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know, we just have this feeling that there's more to this game. And in my opinion, I feel like it has to do something with this Trigger."

"How so?"

"Maybe the football game is going to be used as a distraction for Lydia to search for this Trigger. I don't know, but I really feel like this football game is just going to be a distraction for something."

"I think you're right, there's more to this game."

"You girls talking about the football game?" they turned to see Terrence and Aidan who sat down next to them.

"Yeah" Elena replied, "What do you guys think of it?"

"Well on one hand-" Aidan responded "I'm pretty excited, cause the team and I haven't played football in a while so I'm looking forward to it. But on the other hand, I feel like there's something more to this game."

"That's what I told her" Elena pointed out "I feel like this game is just going to be a distraction for something, maybe for Lydia to find this Trigger."

"That could be a possibility" Terrence agreed "Or for her to find the items."

"That could be it too."

"Both of those could be a reason" Olivia affirmed, "But is those are the cases, then what do we do?"

"Well first off we keep this to ourselves, and second, we need to find a way to know what else they're up to with this game."

"I can talk to Noah to see if I can get some information" Aidan offered.

"Great."

"And I can try to eavesdrop again to see if I can find out anything else" Terrence added.

"Well um, okay then, but be careful."

"And what do we do?" Olivia inquired.

"We're gonna keep trying to look for Brooke and Destiny. And when Amanda goes to help Lauren try to communicate with Brooke, let's just hope it works."

So as soon as school was over, Olivia and Elena made their way to the 'Wonder diner' where they stepped inside to see Lauren already there waiting along with Amanda Richmond.

"Hey thanks for doing this Amanda" Elena appreciated.

"No problem" she replied with a small smile "I'll do anything to help."

"So um, how is this gonna work exactly?" Amanda asked Lauren "Cause the last time I tried to Narrate I wasn't so good at it."

"That's because we have to stay focused" Lauren instructed "Focus on trying to reach Brooke. Now she told me that she has no idea where she is, but all she needs to know is that we're looking for her and not to give up on hope."

Amanda let out a deep breath "Alright, let's do this."

"Let's hold hands, maybe that should do something."

They held onto each other's hands while sitting up straight in their seats.

"Deep breath" Lauren directed as they each took a deep breath "Now focus."

They closed their eyes and began to concentrate on getting to Brooke while Olivia and Elena stood back and watched. It seemed hard at first, but that's when they both began to hear Brooke's voice, it was as if they could hear her thoughts. Alright girls, it's your turn to Narrate now.

...

"Brooke?" I- I mean Lauren called.

In her cell, Brooke opened her eyes to the sound of a familiar voice calling her name. She thought she was imagining things, but then she heard it again.

"Brooke you there?"

"Hello?" she replied confused.

"Oh my God, Brooke?" I- I mean Amanda gasped "Is that you?"

"What's going on?" Brooke responded while clutching her head "Why am I hearing things?"

"Brooke it's Lauren and Amanda" Lauren announced, "We're trying to Narrate to you."

"What?" she gasped.

"We're Narrating to you, can you hear us well?"

"You sound a little blurry."

"Well it's us. Now we can't really hold on that well, but do you still not know where you are?"

"No."

"Because we think you're in Shadow High."

"I'm sorry what?"

"Shadow High."

They didn't hear anything.

"Brooke?" Amanda called.

"Oh my God" they finally heard her gasp, "I think you're right."

"We are?" they both gasped.

"Well it makes sense."

"But look-" Lauren continued "We're still trying to find a way to get to you, but it's not easy."

"I know."

"We're doing everything we can, so we're just letting you know not to give up on hope, we're coming okay?"

But instead of getting an answer, the two found themselves cut off from Brooke after realizing they couldn't hear her anymore.

"Brooke?" they called "Brooke?!"

After waiting some more without an answer, they had no choice but to open their eyes. You did good girls, now it's our turn to Narrate.

...

"What happened?" Elena asked them.

"We talked to her" Lauren responded in a sigh "But then we lost touch."

"But I think she knows we're coming" Amanda put in, "I think she knows not to give up on hope."

They all gave small sighs.

"Well thank you for your help" Elena mumbled, "At least she knows we're coming."

Just then the door opened as they turned to see Terrence and Aidan entering.

"So I spoke with Noah about the game-" Aidan stated, "All he said is that we should have it this Friday, nothing else."

"So we really are having a football game?" Amanda questioned "Wow, we haven't had one in a while. This should be cool."

"Not unless we know the real meaning behind it" Olivia put in.

"Well until we know for sure-" Elena said, "We keep doing what we're doing, and by the time this game comes, we'll figure something out."

"So are you all coming to the game?" Aidan asked, "Or are you gonna stay back?"

"We don't know yet."

"Well to be honest-" Olivia spoke up "I kinda wanna go, not only does it sound fun, but perhaps we can find out something while we're there."

"Alright then it's settled, we'll go to the game. But everyone keep your eyes out for Lydia, I have a really bad feeling that something bad might happen at the game."