Ch.49 Bird fear

Just a random thought I had today: What if the reason Ever After High got canceled was because they all got cursed and transported to Storybrooke? :) Haha, I'm lame.

After letting Destiny rest for a bit, everyone gathered around her to see if they will be able to transfer food and water to Brooke. They watched as the oracle tried to use her staff to open a portal in front of her, but it was no use.

"I'm afraid I'm still weak" she reported sadly "We may have to wait a bit longer."

"It's okay" Elena assured, "Take your time."

As they let Destiny rest again, everyone spread out as Elena went over to a window and peered through the shades to see that it was still dark and gloomy outside, but she didn't see any monsters, thinking that they wouldn't appear unless someone was outside. She then turned around to everyone, seeing that they were all near their friends and families, fearing what could happen to them.

"Well, this is a great way to prepare for graduation" Aidan suddenly muttered "Being stuck in this apocalypse where we might die, how wonderful is that? Dying before even graduating from high school."

"Oh please," Terrence grunted, "Been there, done that. I know how it's like."

"You know what I've always wondered?" Darling suddenly put in "What would our lives have been like if this curse never happened. Can you imagine how different our lives would have been? Especially if we were still forced to follow our destinies."

"I don't even know what my destiny is" Terrence mumbled, "So I don't know how that feels like."

"I can tell you" Destiny spoke as everyone turned to her.

"You can?" he gasped.

"Of course I can, I know everyone's true destinies. But I won't spoil anything though, everyone already knows who they are, meaning that they've already discovered their true destinies. But you Dexter, do you remember when we talked about your destiny when we were in your mother's room?"

"Yeah, you told me my destiny was made for me."

"And it is. And the reason why it's made for you is that it'll show everyone who you truly are; A brave, charming, smart prince who will do anything for the ones he cares about. And especially if it's for the girl he loves."

At that point he turned to Elena who was still standing near the window as they made eye contact and smiled.

"Oh wait" Darling suddenly grinned, "I think I know what it is."

"What?" he asked.

"I'm not telling, you need to figure it out on your own."

"Come on" he groaned while chuckling.

"It's not hard bro, think about it."

He chuckled once more when all of a sudden, all of the backup lights suddenly went out, leaving everyone in darkness with only a faint light from the windows peering through.

"What the hell?" Elena's eyes widen.

"Oh great" Mira grunted, "Our one source of light just decided to die out."

With the lights now out, everyone turned on the flashlights on their phone and even keychain flashlights.

"These lights won't last us very long" Mira stated, "We need more that will last longer."

"I don't think we have anything in here" Olivia reported.

"Well we gotta find something, candles, lanterns, more flashlights, anything."

"We can try getting those at the store" Amanda spoke up "I know where they're at."

"Yeah, but we can't leave the school" Olivia reminded "It's not safe out there."

"I can try to teleport to it. And if I hurry I may be able to gather other things too."

"Are you sure Amanda?" Lauren asked with a nervous look "What if you run into something?"

"Then I'll teleport back, I'll be fine."

She then got up from her seat with all eyes now on her.

"Be careful Kitty" Ilene plead.

"I will" she promised as she disappeared.

When she opened her eyes, Amanda found herself in the supermarket she worked at. It was now dark and abandoned, and she really hoped she was alone. Needing to hurry, she grabbed a basket and made her way down an aisle where she began to gather all the candles, matches, lighters, lanterns, and anything in general for lighting and other survival supplies.

But while doing so, she suddenly heard something in the next aisle that sounded like something had been dropped. Fearing the worse, she slowly walked towards the end of the aisle and peered to the other side, seeing that a box of cereal had fallen down from the shelf. At that point, she felt a bit relieved, but it was short lived when she began to hear something that sent chills down her spine.

It sounded like something was eating something, wondering what it was, she followed the sound to the meat section where she peered from behind an aisle and felt her heart stop when she saw a large bird-like creature devouring the raw meats. She immediately recognized the bird as a Jubjub bird, a dangerous bird from Wonderland. She couldn't believe her eyes at the sight, this apocalypse really was bringing everyone's worst fears to life. 

Amanda knew she needed to get out before it spotted her, so she began to slowly step back, but she misplaced her steps when she suddenly stepped on some bits of the fallen cereal, causing the sound to catch the bird's attention as it stopped eating the meats and turned it's attention her as she gasped. Now caught, the burd gave a loud screech as it flew towards her, only for her to teleport to the other aisle, knowing she still needed to gather more items.

Being as quick as she could while trying not to panic, Amanda gathered more items into the basket just as the bird found her in the other aisle. It began to charge towards her, but she managed to disappear before it could reach her. And when she opened her eyes again, she found herself back in the school cafeteria with the basket.

"Amanda you okay?" Ilene gasped.

"I am now" she breathed in relief as she dropped onto one of the chairs.

"What happened?" Elena asked.

"I nearly got attacked by a Jubjub bird" she replied while breathing heavily.

"Did she just say a Jubjub bird?" Lauren gasped.

"I did" Amanda breathed "It tried to get me but I managed to teleport my way out, although I did get some supplies."

She placed the basket on the table while laying her head on the table.

"Lydia was right" she continued to breath "This apocalypse is bringing everyone's worst fears to life."