Ch.24 Decreasing hope

With their memories back of Shadow High, Elena and Olivia called Mira and the Charming's over to the diner where they discussed all that they know.

"I can't believe this" Elena remarked "Shadow High, the very same place that nearly destroyed Ever After and the other lands in the World of Stories."

"I remember that" Aidan nodded "I think was the darkest event that ever happened next to Dragon Games."

"And that Ms. Direction chic" Mira put in with a frown "Making us do things against our wills, if she was still alive I would love to strangle her."

"Although I don't understand" Darling spoke "Why were our memories of Shadow High taken from us in the first place?"

"Who knows" Olivia shrugged "Maybe protection."

"But the important thing is now that we remember it" Elena stated "Meaning that if Brooke and the others are trapped in Shadow High, we know how to get there."

"Uh, in case you forgot Elena-" Mira reminded "The only way we were able to get there was when I pulled that Chisel out from the school, and that's what caused the tremors and the lands to be pulled towards it."

"Oh dammit" Elena grunted.

"So does that mean we can't get Brooke?" Terrence questioned a bit worried.

"There has to be another way" Olivia declared.

"Well the only way we know is that we have to cross the Margins" Elena stated "And unfortunately they only appeared after the tremors."

Everyone groaned.

"You know what?" Mira suddenly spoke "As much as it kills me to say this, I think Brooke and the others are gonna have to wait, because until we find a way to Shadow High, I say we focus on finding Destiny, she may be able to help us get to Brooke."

Elena gave a sigh "I'm gonna have to agree with her."

"Well then how the hell are we gonna find her?" Olivia asked.

Elena turned to the Charming's "You guys find anything?"

"I'm afraid not" Terrence replied in a small sigh "Apparently oracles are really hard to locate, especially since Destiny is an immortal being who is also somewhat dead."

"Great" Mira grunted "This just got harder."

"Now what? Do we talk to Lydia and her crew?"

"No" Elena responded "There has to be something we can do."

"What can we do Elena?" Olivia questioned with doubt "We can't find Destiny, we can't get to Shadow High, and we still have no idea how to break the curse."

Elena gave a small groan while pressing her forehead into her palms while resting her elbows on the counter.

"Hey" Mira spoke to her calmly "I know how stress you're feeling, I think you should take a little break from all of this."

"But what about Brooke?" she mumbled "She and the others are probably all scared and feeling hopeless."

"I feel the same way, but until we find something that can help, they're gonna have to wait a little longer. But I know how strong they are, they can fight through it."

"Although if they end dead by the time we reach them I'm gonna feel guilty my whole life" Aidan stated remorsefully.

Elena gave another groan while rubbing her forehead.

"Come on" Olivia ordered softly "Mira's right, you do need a little break."

Elena gave one last groan before getting out of her seat and letting Olivia walk her out the diner.

"Let me guess" Lauren entered from the kitchen "You guys are stuck?"

"Please tell me you got something that can help" Mira begged.

"Would some tea help in calming your stress?" she offered in a nervous smile.

"Oy."

"Look, I wish I can help, I've been trying to communicate with Brooke and the Narrators but I got nothing."

"It's fine Lauren" Darling assured "We just gotta keep looking, there has to be something."

"What if there is nothing?" Aidan suddenly questioned a bit nervously.

"I refuse to believe that."

"I'm just saying what if? What if the only way to get Brooke back is by pulling the Chisel out? What if we can't even do that because of you know what?"

Everyone didn't say anything, they all just sat there, thinking about what Aidan had said and wondering if their hope is decreasing more.

"Lauren" Mira spoke "Give us the best tea you have for stress."

"On the house" Lauren offered in a small sigh as she began to gather the cups.

________

It had been so long since she first saw the darkness, and Brooke was losing more hope by the second. Not only that, she hadn't eaten in a while, and her stress was making her hunger worse as she clutched her stomach that growled loudly.

"I feel you Brooke" Danny muttered while leaning against the cell wall "If I don't get food in the next hour I'm gonna go crazy."

"I think I'm already going crazy" Delilah grunted as her stomach made a loud rumble "And you know I get crazy when I'm hungry."

"Personally I would love to see you go crazy" Lydia appeared in the hallway between the cells making them jump in surprise.

"Although I need you guys to be alive so I guess I'm gonna have to give you food."

And with that she tossed a wrapped sandwich into Delilah's cage who quickly scattered to the food and began to chow it down with much force.

"Damn girl" Lydia remarked in a slight chuckle "I guess you are going crazy."

She then tossed more food and water bottles into their cells as they quickly gathered them and scooted away from the bars.

"Oh relax" Lydia snickered "I'm not gonna bite."

"We don't know that" Brooke muttered in a scowl.

"Oh so you want me to bite you?"

"You touch me I'll bite your hand off."

She gave a taunting laugh "Oh Brooke, always acting so brave when you're really terrified. What are you more afraid of? Losing your life? Or the life of your friends?"

"Don't talk to me" Brooke growled.

She huffed "Well you're gonna have to talk back to me soon, you can't stay silent forever, like when you'll watch your friends get themselves killed in my apocalypse."

Brooke felt her blood boiling while clenching her fists so tight their were turning red.

"When is the apocalypse going to happen?" Danny demanded.

"It'll come when it wants to come, that's all you need to know."