Ch.95 Ghostly help

With the magic users outside defending against the ghosts and Brooke and Delilah looking for the chisel, Terrence and David walked down hallway to hallway looking for the items to break the curse.

"This is gonna take forever" Terrence groaned "How the hell are we going to find those items?"

"I don't know" David sighed disappointedly "There's gotta be something that should lead us to it."

"Oh please," he doubted "If there is something that could lead us to it, I'll be damned."

"Shh!" David suddenly hissed while holding his hand up.

Wondering what was going on, David suddenly pointed ahead where they spotted a ghostly figure at the end of the hall, staring at them.

"Is that one of the crew members?" Terrence gasped.

"I don't think so" David replied as he got a closer look at the figure.

After studying it for a moment, he couldn't believe his eyes at who it was.

"Reed T. Booker?" he gasped.

"You know him?" Terrence remarked surprised.

Before he could reply, the ghost began down the other hall as they went after it. They followed the ghost around until they came to a stop in front of a painting where the ghost suddenly vanished.

"Uh, what just happened?" Terrence questioned confused.

Instead of answering, David went up to the small painting of Shadow High where he took it off the wall to reveal a secret compartment.

"I think Mr. Booker was helping us" he grinned as he lifted up the latch and pulled the door opened to reveal the box of items "And looks like I was right."

"Whoa," Terrence gasped as David pulled the box out "Wait, why did that ghost help us? And how do you know him?"

"He's the author of the book of narrators I found in the Lost Library, looks like he knew Lydia was bad news and decided to help us."

"Wow," he remarked amusedly, "That's uh, that's very helpful of him."

"Come on, we got some stories to save."

________

Down another hall, Brooke and Delilah continued looking around for the chisel, but like with David and Terrence, it seemed almost impossible.

"This is gonna take forever" Delilah groaned "How do we even know the chisel in even in Shadow High? Maybe Lydia has it on her."

"Maybe, maybe not" Brooke replied, "But we don't know until we look."

"Well we can't keep looking all over the place, we're running out of time here."

Brooke let out a frustrated groan before freezing on her track. Wondering what made her freeze, Delilah looked up and gasped at the ghostly figure that stood in front of them.

"Wait-" Brooke spoke as she examined the ghost "Reed T. Booker?"

The ghost didn't reply as he turned around and began down the hallway.

"Wait!" they called out as they ran after him.

Wondering where he would lead them, the girls followed the spirit to a drawer in the hall where he suddenly vanished. After staring at the drawer for a moment, Brooke went over to it where she pulled the top drawer opened the reveal the chisel.

"Oh," they remarked as she pulled the chisel out.

"Looks like Mr. Booker wanted to help" Brooke grinned.

________

Back in Storybrooke, still surrounded by loads of enemies, everyone was beginning to grow weak from all the fighting as they needed a break while hiding in certain spots. And walking inside the diner, Ilene went behind the counter to rest where she was surprised to see Kim already there.

"Oh," she remarked a bit surprised "I uh, I didn't know you were in here."

"Well it was the first building I saw so I just came in" Kim shrugged "You can join me if you want."

"Thanks" she mumbled while taking a seat next to her and letting her back rest against the counter.

"You're bleeding" Kim pointed to a big cut on Ilene's arm.

"I know" she sighed.

At that moment, Kim pulled out a paper towel roll where she pulled some off and handed it to her.

"Thanks" she mumbled again before taking the paper towels and pressing it onto her cut.

"I don't think I can fight anymore" Kim muttered, "This is getting out of hand, and I'm already growing weak."

"I don't blame you" Ilene agreed "Not only do I feel weak, but I'm covered in other people's blood, and it feels so nasty."

"Tell me about it."

They both sat there in silence for a moment until Ilene spoke up.

"You know-" she sighed "If we do reach Shadow High, and we all get consumed by the unmaking lava, I want you to know that I think you're pretty cool."

"Wow," Kim snickered "Thanks. I don't think I've ever heard you compliment me like that."

"Yeah well, now seems like a good time as any."

They both giggled until Kim added- "I think you're pretty cool too."

"Seriously?" Ilene doubted with a smirk "You think I'm cool?"

"Why are you doubting that?"

"Well for starters, I was in a relationship with Aidan while he was dating Olivia and I knew about it, I also slept with him, and I was mean to you after I saw you and Aidan kissing in the library."

"I know, but you've changed. You may still have your sass, but you're not the same slutty person you were before."

"Gee, thanks" Ilene replied dully "That means a lot."

"You know what I mean" Kim smirked while nudging her.

"You know, I'm a bit surprised that you're willing to be nice to me, even though we both clearly have feelings for Aidan."

"Hey, I'm nice to everyone who deserves it. Just because we like the same guy doesn't mean we should hate each other because of it, and whether or not he ends up with either one of us or someone else, I'm still not going to hate you."

Ilene gave a shrug, "I guess I won't hate you too."

Kim gave a giggle as Ilene did so as well.

"Well then-" Ilene put in "I guess we'll just have to see what happens."

________

Outside of Shadow High, all of the magic users used their powers against the incoming ghosts. But demolishing ghosts wasn't an easy job considering that they're already dead, but that wasn't stopping the group from preventing the ghost from entering the school. But while doing so, Mira suddenly spotted something up ahead, and she looked closer, she realized what it was as she felt her stomach drop.

"Guys!" she called out "I think I see Storybrooke!"

They turned and noticed that the town on Storybrooke was in sight from far away along with other incoming realms.

"All these realms are getting closer by the minute" Destiny gasped.

"Oh God" Mira muttered nervously "Everyone, whatever you're doing out there, I hope you're prepared."