Ch.82 Sky surprise

"I never thought I would see you two like this," the witch sneered as Sabrina got up and hurried to join her sister's side, away from their enemy "Both of you covered in other people's blood, killing to protect this town you love and your stories. Although I gotta ask, really Holly? A frying pan?"

"Hey," Sabrina replied sharply, "I'll have you know I've broken some guy's nose with this pan, and I've knocked out everyone with this."

"But that doesn't kill them."

"I know, but I'd rather not kill, I'm not as willing as Stella is."

"Hey, I don't like doing this" Stella put in, "But I don't have a choice, it's either kill or be killed."

Gothel gave a small snicker, "Such a hard choice to make, having to kill a person or let that person kill you. What a tragedy this town has become, and yet you two aren't dead yet, I'm surprised."

"We're surprised ourselves," Stella admitted with a frown, "But we're gonna keep it this way."

As Gothel gave another snicker, Sabrina was slowly reaching behind her to grab onto a bottle of hairspray as she grabbed onto it while keeping it behind her.

"You really think you can survive this?" the witch doubted, "This war is nothing like any other wars that's happened in the past, sure those other wars were just as gruesome, but this one, not only will this one try to end your lives, but also your stories and all the realms that are slowly drifting towards that Shadow High. Once they reach it, everything and everyone will be gone forever."

At that point, not wanting to deal with her anymore, Sabrina held the hairspray in front of Gothel's face and sprayed it into her eyes as the witch cried out in pain. With her distracted by the pain, Sabrina whacked her frying pan against her face as she fell back as the sisters ran out of the hair salon.

"Nice move" Stella commented as they ran down the sidewalk.

"It's always a good idea to have hairspray around," Sabrina remarked, still holding the bottle of hairspray as they ran around a corner and stopped.

"We'll deal with her later" Stella declared while catching her breath "I have a feeling that's not the last we'll see of her."

________

Finding themselves in front of the garden center again, Jillian, Hector, Jenna, and now with Jenna's two friends Kellen and Thomas, everyone had to stop running to take a break as they tried to catch their breaths.

"Let's just stay here for a bit" Jillian declared while breathing heavily "Damn I'm worn out!"

"Um, Hector-" Jenna pointed out, "You've got some blood on your glasses."

"I know," he muttered while taking off his glasses and pulled out his lens cleaning cloth and fluid "This cleaning may take a while."

As he began to clean his glasses, Jenna stretched out her body as everyone listened to the bones cracking.

"Wow," Thomas snickered, "Those were some loud cracks."

"That just shows how tired I am" she replied while stretching out her back and letting more of her bones crack "Okay, that one hurt a bit."

"This war is really getting out of hand," Kellen remarked "How long is this going to go on?"

"Most likely until the realms reach Shadow High," Jillian grumbled "Once they do, we're all dead."

Everyone groaned.

"But what if sometimes happens and we don't reach Shadow High?" Jenna put in "Will this war still go on?"

"How should we know?" Hector responded, still cleaning his glasses "This war may go on for a long time, but I'm just hoping it'll stop as soon as Lydia's defeated."

"Yeah what's her problem anyway?" Jillian wondered, "I mean I get that she likes to be in control and that she had a hard life back then, but why is she doing this to us?"

"I don't think we'll ever know" Thomas sighed.

"Yeah I'm just trying to focus on surviving" Kellen put in "That's what's really important right now."

"True" Jenna nodded in agreement.

All of a sudden, thunder was heard as everyone looked up to see gray clouds.

"Oh great" Jillian grunted, "Is it gonna rain now?"

"I'd rather have it rain" Thomas opinionated "So it can wash us off."

"Well, I'm not feeling any drops yet" Hector spoke up while putting his glasses back on and looking up into the sky "Whoa wait a minute, what's that?"

"What?" everyone asked.

"Look" he pointed to the sky as everyone looked up to see something growing out from the clouds.

"What is that?" Jenna asked bewildered.

They continued to watch the thing in the sky growing out of the clouds like a plant when more suddenly appeared.

"Why are there more appearing?" Kellen questioned.

"Does anyone have a pair of binoculars or something?" Jillian asked.

"Here" Thomas pulled off a mini pair of binoculars he had around his neck as he handed it to her.

She held the binoculars to her eyes while looking up to see what those things were.

"Hold on," she remarked a bit surprised "Those look like- beanstalks."

"Beanstalks?" Jenna responded puzzled "I thought beanstalks grew from the ground and to the sky, why are they growing the opposite direction?"

As the beanstalks got closer and Jillian examined it more through the binoculars, that's when she spotted something that made her heart drop.

"No" she gasped while pulling the binoculars down as her body began to shake "It can't be."

"Jillian what is it?" Hector asked.

"We need to run" she ordered with fright "Like now!"

"What, why?"

"I'll explain later, just run!"

Having no other choice, everyone began to run down the street while following Jillian, still wondering about why they were running.

"Jillian what's going on?" Jenna demanded, "You're scaring us right now."

"Those beanstalks are growing in the opposite direction because they were planted up there!" she explained.

"What?" Thomas replied confused "What do you mean they were planted up there? How? And by whom?"

Before she could answer, another thunder was heard as everyone stopped and looked up to see that one of the beanstalks had gotten closer to the ground, and that's when someone large jumped off the plant and began to fall towards the ground.

"GIANTS!" Jillian screamed just as a giant landed in front of them on its feet, sending a strong force to them which knocked them back.

When they sat up, everyone was frozen in shock by the sight of the giant who hovered above them with death in his eyes.